• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This was on the interior DLine. The whole Defense is not devoid of talent!

Matt62881

1 minute ago, SOJA said:

You keep Luke, guys on rookie deals, and KK that's about it. You ask McCoy politely to sign a team friendly deal but don't be upset when he gets a better deal elsewhere lord knows that man has earned it. 

Before I thought we would keep one of Shaq or Bradberry now I think both might be gone. 

We're in for a hard reboot and a rough year next year boys 

i think it'll feel better to be trying to build something than to try to go through having some kind of 'hope' in ronco again

Just now, raz said:

i think it'll feel better to be trying to build something than to try to go through having some kind of 'hope' in ronco again

Ive been advocating for coaching changes for 2+ seasons now so I'm totally fine with that

13 hours ago, Zithers2 said:

dontari poe didnt play today and we gave up 250 yards to one of the worst offenses in the league. every player you said was average or good was on the field... there were also there with poe the other games where the run defense sucked. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me!

Poe is average.  Stacey McGee isn't.  Stuff like that matters. 

Plus, it wasn't just not having Poe.  McCoy was playing on one leg.  Butler got banged up.  And it goes back to losing KK before all that. 

We have talent issues at fundamental aspects on both lines.  It doesn't matter what you WR, RB, LB,  DB situation is.  They are going to fail when you implode upfront. 

1 hour ago, CRA said:

Poe is average.  Stacey McGee isn't.  Stuff like that matters. 

Plus, it wasn't just not having Poe.  McCoy was playing on one leg.  Butler got banged up.  And it goes back to losing KK before all that. 

We have talent issues at fundamental aspects on both lines.  It doesn't matter what you WR, RB, LB,  DB situation is.  They are going to fail when you implode upfront. 

Whole thing is alot of people want to replace the whole team, some of wich are players that arent easy to find and should be paid when what has to be done is to fix the interior pf both lines. I personally don't want to go pre Bradberry again, it took awhile to find him and we got lucky he played as well as he did as early, corners are a gamble coming to the nfl. Ive also got news, we let go of TD so shaq could start ik pretty sure they are gonna pay him as this team values its ilb core and hes not gonna be easy to replace either.

I'm on the fence about Reid and Jackson.

Everyone saying Poe hasn't panned out... we just gave up 250 yards rushing to one of the worst running teams in the league.  Guess who wasn't playing?  Long story short, do we really know it's Poe, or is it piss poor play calling and scheme?

Boston has been the best player on the defense.

Kuechly has underperformed.  I think a good bit of that has to do with scheme, but let's be real... he's out of position frequently, and misses too many tackles.  At least some blame has to be placed on him.

The batch of mid-talent DE/LBs we have are just that.  Middle of the pack talent, great for rotating guys out.  I don't expect four different guys to have 10+ sacks.

Long story short, this scheme is antiquated, the playcalling is all wrong, and they're getting butchered on the field.  All other things aside, I agree with you.  Talent is not the problem on this defense.

Archived