• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

This was on the interior DLine. The whole Defense is not devoid of talent!

Matt62881

DBs

Bradberry- Needs to be retained, is underappreciated and locks down some of the better wrs in the game. Everyone gives up plays at times and has delt with a few injuries and still played good.

Jackson- Love this kid playing across from Bradberry, needs to follow the fastest opposing wr thats a threat. He has done nothing but improved outside of the games he played with groin injuries.

Cockrell- Cant do much better for a 3rd db, needs to be retained.

We could use some more depth with the cbs but overall a good group.

Tre Boston- Has gotten better as the season has went on and is fine at FS for the right price. I would like to see a young high draft pick but think we have more pressing needs.

Reid- Hes a SS that is fair in coverage if put in places to succeed. He goes for the big hit too much but there needs to be some discipline and he is good in the box. I like him fine for what we are paying him and along with everyone else in the secondary his play will elevate with the front 7 and vice versa.

Front 7

Luke- HOF, looks like he took a step back only because olineman are all over him most plays, he hasnt taken a step back.

Shaq- Athletic guy that has shown up this year when alot of you were hating on him. His lapses in coverage are usually due to being mismatched.

PassRushLBs- Burns,Irvin,Addison,Haynes,Miller,Obada

All of these guys have been doing their jobs for the most part and man Burns...what could you say bad about the kid. Irvin is a vet who plays hard, i want him back. Addison has done his thing getting sacks and even the younger guys have done their thing. Probably our strongest unit and i dont even see any need for change, the young guys will improve themselves.

Interior Lineman

KK Short- He went down and it hurt us far more then most of you guys want to realize? Im not sure anymore....with Mccoy there these two would have reeked so much more havoc and he would have help tremendous with the run as i think he has always done more in that role then given credit for.

McCoy- I think he is an average run stopper but man he is the best interior rusher weve had in a long time.

Poe- I was really disappointed in him this year when we deployed the 34, he was the guy that was supposed to eat double teams and help keep keek and shaq clean. I think this is where we spend our first round pick on this year as i feel it is our weakest spot if the right guy is there. I also feel like this is where we are lacking the most depth and 90% of our run stopping issues are coming from.

Love and Vern- Bring them back if we can't find upgrades and they are CHEAP. They are average depth pieces but you need depth.

My conclusion on defense is...we have given way too many points up and might have the worst run Defense ive ever seen. We need new coaches here, its time, bye Ron and Washington. We have actually had alot of coverage sacks this year, our secondary isnt the problem. I couldnt imagine if our guys could pinn their ears back because we could actually stop the run and get more 3rd and longs. We went into the year with trying to run the 34 with 1 true NT in Poe and he was average. Stupid. We dont have as many holes to fill as many would like to think and i think it can be done this off-season. We cant waste anymore of our players talents on this bs...we have generational talent in many places and alot of elite talent in others. We cant afford a rebuild and waste these guys nor do i want to see anymore seasons like this one! Cam, Keek, CmC, Burns, Bradberry, Jackson, Addison, Mccoy, Short, Dj, Curtis, and Olsen are what we have to be excited about. Thats alot of talent that alot of teams would love to have all together and is why this team has been so frustrating. There is no reason we shouldnt be dominating besides the coaching, we did have ALOT of injuries this season, more then the normal but still this cant happen. Stay positive guys, we have alot to look foward too!

Just now, RumHam said:

Dude, your a homer. Both are corners get burnt. Our safties are lost and cant wrap up. We don't get pressure and cant stop the run. FOH. You probably see allen as a franchise qb too

Obviousely you cant read but ok, i didnt see where we gave up air yards today as much as couldn't stop the run, but since you have nothing intelligent to say dont post

5 minutes ago, Zithers2 said:

our defense sucks and you want to retain virtually everyone

lmao

Well virtually everyone isnt why our defense sucks, ever heard the phrase your only as strong as your weakest link....well our interior dlineman are that weak.

28 minutes ago, RumHam said:

Dude, your a homer. Both are corners get burnt. Our safties are lost and cant wrap up. We don't get pressure and cant stop the run. FOH. You probably see allen as a franchise qb too

...its just regurgitated peppiness from training  camp.. we need some talent...

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...its just regurgitated peppiness from training  camp..

No its just like this, when you loose at chess its not the pieces fault, and today i dont think we gave alot of pass yards up so why should i blame the dbs....the game was given away in the trenches

3 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Well virtually everyone isnt why our defense sucks, ever heard the phrase your only as strong as your weakest link....well our interior dlineman are that weak.

dontari poe didnt play today and we gave up 250 yards to one of the worst offenses in the league. every player you said was average or good was on the field... there were also there with poe the other games where the run defense sucked. doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me!

Archived