• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Newton exiting made up media story.. btw if you dont like the thread dont enter, I'm pieing for actual real thoughts

Matt62881

3 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

I think his styles are strange too but that's why he does it and also to get under people skin. The media has always messed with him so this is a big G you to them.

Cam is as unique as they come.  He is having fun and does not care what people think off the field.

5 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

Am thinking Tepper let’s Cam play out his contract, see if he gets back to “old Cam”. Still wouldn’t be surprised if Hurney takes a qb in the draft. 

I think we stick with allen then grier as backups.....I dont see Hurney giving up on grier yet I mean when he did play he was awful and holding the ball too long but he also was getting molly whipped to the point he said in done.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not quite.

What Tepper actually said was "When healthy, he's an elite quarterback."

They've made no definitive "Cam is our starter next year" statements.

I get the feeling that Tepper does not like Cam, which does not mean much-He has had opportunity to speak on his QB, and it always sounds like a line a lawyer gives a guilty client during an police interrogation.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

I think we stick with allen then grier as backups.....I dont see Hurney giving up on grier yet I mean when he did play he was awful and holding the ball too long but he also was getting molly whipped to the point he said in done.

Grier was absolutely dreadful. I saw nothing that indicated even the slightest ability to play in the NFL. 

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not quite.

What Tepper actually said was "When healthy, he's an elite quarterback."

They've made no definitive "Cam is our starter next year" statements.

I'm sure you've already read it but https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/12/12/cam-newton-panthers-future-injury-david-tepper

Imo he alludes to it enough to come to a conclusion that if healthy he is our qb...the trading him away thing doesnt make sense unless a team gave up stupid capital and that ain't happening. 

7 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I get the feeling that Tepper does not like Cam, which does not mean much-He has had opportunity to speak on his QB, and it always sounds like a line a lawyer gives a guilty client during an police interrogation.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2019/12/12/cam-newton-panthers-future-injury-david-tepper

This alludes to the opposit...anyone you call elite and gove that honor to you got to like.

10 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Police interrogations aren't fun..but the trick is dont say nothing they dont know nothing.

Just now, MHS831 said:

I get it.  That is what I mean about a lawyer's statement.  Tepper compliments, but where is the commitment on a regular basis?

Hes staying quiet like another poster said, it helps us in the draft. Hell thinking we are gonna get rid of newton when we aren't helps.

Archived