• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing that I think is going to be a defining characteristic of this team next season...

PantherBrew

37 minutes ago, Paa Langfart said:

The same could be said about Any decent coaching hire.  The money has not a thing to do with it, except it apparently took that much to pry him off Baylors tit.

I disagree. Rivera was the safest pick out there. This in no way implies I think Ron is a great coach. However, he is a solid coach with a decent if not spectacular record. 

The Rhule hire is a high risk, high reward pick like one would take at an investment firm. I just hope Tepper did all of his homework. 

25 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

CJ played in 2 games for the Rams totaling over 300 yards and 2 TDs. He wasn't bad, he just could never see the damn field. What pissed me off about that situation is CMC was playing 98% of the snaps and we cut CJ. CJ should have been getting snaps and he wasn't. Ron was doing to CMC the same thing he did to Cam and was running him into the ground. Norwell replaced Amini who was just fugging terrible and played 4 seasons here. Smith had 17 catches in 11 games. We had Moore and Samuel and both needed PT and could have contributed more than Smith or Funchess for that matter. I'm not saying that they were amazing, I'm saying the guys they replaced were obviously not getting the job done other than CJ.

Again those guys were not so great that no playing them was such a big problem. What did CJ do this year? What about Norwell? Somehow they werent exactly so stellar than Rivera not playing stands out as a huge omission.

Like CEOs, Head Coaches should be concerned with long-term strategic planning and decision-making, managing the cultural and emotional well-being of the team and acting as the face of the organization,these are all things i feel Matt Rhule will excel at.

I realize those things don't sound like coaching, but they have as much of an impact on a team's success as game planning.

Archived