• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

My Current View of our Roster Update- I added my roster projection on Page 7 with FA and some Draft Picks.

Matt62881

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

Thanks for sharing.  Great to see inside other brains--except Steven's.  Makes me think of marbles for some reason.

Haha there are a few people on heres brains who make me think of marbles and other similar inanimate objects.

6 hours ago, Matt62881 said:

Seriously, anyone want to tell me where the problem with this roster and philosophy is? I even think we can have depth and rotations on our Dline next year! I personally dont want to watch another 2019....but even then we had a 5 game run against some pretty good teams. With a new coaching philosophy and hard, physical play we can do anything.

I’m curious as to how you would fit all those players we are keeping(from an awful team) under the salary cap? 

You don’t want to see another 2019 but want all the same players? Not understanding that. 

24 minutes ago, Toomers said:

I’m curious as to how you would fit all those players we are keeping(from an awful team) under the salary cap? 

You don’t want to see another 2019 but want all the same players? Not understanding that. 

Because the issue was up front...bad DTs with no run blocking abilities can make the rest of the team look horrible. I personally dont think the lbs or guys in the secondary were bad. 

27 minutes ago, Toomers said:

As far as the salary cap goes I'm under the impression we will have quite a bit by the time Poe and Olsen are gone, my main targets to bring back are Tre and Bradberry anyway. McCoy would be nice for a rotation piece if he came cheap enough.

15 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Because the issue was up front...bad DTs with no run blocking abilities can make the rest of the team look horrible. I personally dont think the lbs or guys in the secondary were bad. 

There are more issues than just DT. Although it’s the biggest.  

Mario is the only DE on your list who can hold up against the run. And that’s the weakest part of his game. And it’s been at WDE. Who’s playing SDE? Is Mario splitting time with Burns? What are Miller and Haynes going to play? No one to set the edge and that’s with a  payday to keep Mario. And Irvin? 

Your MLB has played hardly any MLB, and struggled getting off blocks this year. Carter is pretty much an unknown. But he’s definitely not an upgrade from Luke. But who is. Point being, LB will be a struggle compared to years past. 

And the whole secondary, which would involve signing Bradberry to a huge deal, Boston, and sign Kendall Fuller as well? With Reid contract this secondary is going to cost a ton. For a group that none were more than average. Or worse. 

You asked what was wrong about what you posted? Spending a ton of money in hopes that a team that was awful will become great because.....????  Is what I saw. That and too many FA signings that couldn’t possible stay under the cap. 

41 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Spoiler alert.  They were bad.  

If you cant get how the lineman allowing gaping holes and 5 yard gains at will forcing the SS to play in the box every snap and making PA insanely effective against the DBS while olineman mauled our lbs then I dont know what to tell you. It all starts in the trenches up front, if you think Bradberry is worse then say Melvin white or the guys we had in 15, then I'm sorry.

1 minute ago, Matt62881 said:

If you cant get how the lineman allowing gaping holes and 5 yard gains at will forcing the SS to play in the box every snap and making PA insanely effective against the DBS while olineman mauled our lbs then I dont know what to tell you. It all starts in the trenches up front, if you think Bradberry is worse then say Melvin white or the guys we had in 15, then I'm sorry.

How are you fixing this defensive line?

30 minutes ago, Toomers said:

There are more issues than just DT. Although it’s the biggest.  

Mario is the only DE on your list who can hold up against the run. And that’s the weakest part of his game. And it’s been at WDE. Who’s playing SDE? Is Mario splitting time with Burns? What are Miller and Haynes going to play? No one to set the edge and that’s with a  payday to keep Mario. And Irvin? 

Your MLB has played hardly any MLB, and struggled getting off blocks this year. Carter is pretty much an unknown. But he’s definitely not an upgrade from Luke. But who is. Point being, LB will be a struggle compared to years past. 

And the whole secondary, which would involve signing Bradberry to a huge deal, Boston, and sign Kendall Fuller as well? With Reid contract this secondary is going to cost a ton. For a group that none were more than average. Or worse. 

You asked what was wrong about what you posted? Spending a ton of money in hopes that a team that was awful will become great because.....????  Is what I saw. That and too many FA signings that couldn’t possible stay under the cap. 

Fuller had a down year I Kansas city, he might play a one year prove it deal, out of the guys I mentioned the only ones that will cost are Bradberry and Tre. The rest of them can go if they want too much, Tre was a fine FS and Bradberry while not top 5 should squeak in the top 10 and be paid as such. You cant replace Luke but shaq did manage 109 stops beside Luke's 144, not bad. Shaq I'm guessing will get more like 140 this year being the features MLB. He shouldn't see as many olineman in his face either with proper DT play. Haynes and Miller will be rotational, let's say we dont keep Irvin, for passing downs. Burns and Addison would be our primary ends but yes we could use someone else here, wouldn't mind bringing west back cheap for running downs. There are other things to be ironed out but this roster would be a start. Oh and I forgot Obada on the edge.

21 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

How are you fixing this defensive line?

WDE- Addison,Burns

DT- D.Brown, KK, Draft Pick

SDE- Obada, Horton, possible draft pick

It is definitely one of the more challenging spots to fix but I'm choosing to concentrate on the interior to at least force the runs outside. Will update everything after the draft. Haynes and Miller can rotate to ends and ROLB spots on passing downs.

13 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

WDE- Addison,Burns

DT- D.Brown, KK, Draft Pick

SDE- Obada, Horton, possible draft pick

It is definitely one of the more challenging spots to fix but I'm choosing to concentrate on the interior to at least force the runs outside. Will update everything after the draft. Haynes and Miller can rotate to ends and ROLB spots on passing downs.

Addison is not that good.  Burns is still a project.  Obada.  If he is starting we are in a world of hurt.   You have 3 picks now addressing the dline.  We still need help in the secondary, linebacker, a wr and we are still in a big hole at oline. 

And i still thing you are somehow underestimating how crucial it is to lose the leader of the defense who called the plays pre snap. 

Again I love your optimism but its clouded in delusion.  

15 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Addison is not that good.  Burns is still a project.  Obada.  If he is starting we are in a world of hurt.   You have 3 picks now addressing the dline.  We still need help in the secondary, linebacker, a wr and we are still in a big hole at oline. 

And i still thing you are somehow underestimating how crucial it is to lose the leader of the defense who called the plays pre snap. 

Again I love your optimism but its clouded in delusion.  

Never said it was gonna be easy or even probable just saying if there was a way, this is it. I dont see after signing kendall needing more in the secondary, I think we are fine at WR, now lb is a ? Mark and is gonna be a tough one.

Looking  at the complete rosters on here I’m all I’m thinking is damn i really hate our team . We need a complete overhaul. We have too many softies on this squad . We need a new identity ASAP and i see now yeah it’s gone take time to weed out this mess we created . 

9 minutes ago, Matt62881 said:

Never said it was gonna be easy or even probably just saying if there was a way, this is it. I dont see after signing kendall needing more in the secondary, I think we are fine at WR, now lb is a ? Mark and is gonna be a tough one.

And you still dont address the oline.  The Achilles heel of this team.  And man, I am not sure what team you are watching but we absolutely need help at wr. 

Even in your best case scenario draft and FA we are still paper thin and weak on defense. 

Like brizz just said, we need to burn this puppy down and start anew.  And that doesnt include cam.  Sorry, it just doesnt.

Archived