• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No Marquee Free Agents Will Want to Sign Here If They Get Rid of Cam

beastson

1 hour ago, Catsmiaow said:

Sport is much more fun to follow when you don't take everything so personally. Cam is a millionaire, we don't need to pity him. Despite your egregious cheerleading on his behalf, it is highly doubtful that he cries himself to sleep every night worrying about the fans.

What I find amusing is that many supposed fans are such dedicated Cam fan-boys that their concern that he may be replaced, manifested into a hatred of Kyle Allen (a mere placeholder, who was never going to be given the job)  a UDFA who hadn't seen first team reps at training camp, who was good then bad, yet some seem to resent him because he wasn't able to lead us to a Superbowl. That's insanity.

I need someone to explain to me why we should be upset with Kyle Allen for not being able to overcome the same problems that a much more talented former number 1 pick hasn't been able to overcome. 

You aren't fooling anyone with this "I like Cam but I'll be thrilled when he leaves because his supporters will stop hurting my precious feelings" schtick. You are transparent.

Take your poo somewhere else.

19 hours ago, Pantherzack179812 said:

I had the same feeling as everyone else. What the hell was wrong with Cam? Everyone with half a brain knew the NFL would catch up to the fact that we were only throwing dink and dunk passes. 

Christian McCaffery Scored 3 touchdowns, If I remember correctly, 45 of Cam's passing yards were just from a CMC pass he caught 40 yards from the endzone.

I didn't leave that game wondering if only our defense was able to get some stops... It was 24-7 before we scored another point. You also conveniently left out a Cam fumble, that is 2 turnovers on just the QB... If you don't think your offense throwing a pick 6 and going three and out and giving the ball back to a pumped up offense, didn't make a difference, you're mad. The defense even held them to a FG at one point, but the damage was already done.

Ok. So we scored on our opening drive. Up 7-0. The very first offensive play for Pittsburgh was a bomb to Ju-Ju for a TD! They scored a friggin TD on all but one of their first half possessions. Admit the pick 6 was a horrible decision, but damn! Cam knew it was gonna be a shoot out and he didn't want to take a safety. So it's 24-7, we score. 24-14. Then another bomb for a TD - I think it was to that crazy mofo Brown this time. 

Next thing I know TJ knocks Cam's shoulder off and it's ALL DOWNHILL after that. Cam was not playing bad until that hit. The defense just kept giving up big play after big play. You can't tell me that was the offense's fault. Remember the infamous 3rd and long and we rush 2 defenders call by Washington? I guess that was on Cam too? Come on guy, you're better than that. 

I know there are fans who think "if this team does my favorite player wrong, everybody in the world is going to hate them and they're going to shrivel up and die".

That's cute.

It's also not going to happen.

Heck, the team cut Steve Smith in a way that a lot of people would have considered disrespectful. Didn't stop anybody from signing here and the team was in the Super Bowl in just two years later.

Whether or not this team succeeds in the near or even far future depends on whether the people running it know what they're doing, not how they handle one decision.

if you want to worry about something, worry about that, because that still up in the air.

20 minutes ago, Billy Love said:

I really don’t recall many Marque free Agents signing with us because of cam in the past 9 years.

I don't know about this "marquee" standard in the context of this subject, but a team having a franchise quarterback unequivocally plays a determining factor in a great many free agents consideration of their next landing spot. Guys looking to win a Lombardi that is, players looking for their first big contract are going to be less choosy. But it isn't often the teams who acquire the most sought after free agents and "win" free agency so to spean go on to be the most successful and win a championship. The Chiefs brought in Dee Ford but they were already pretty stacked.

As far as the Panthers and Newton, Gerald McCoy who was an established division rival has gone out of his way more than once to discuss the impact of having a quarterback like Newton on the roster.

https://clutchpoints.com/panthers-news-gerald-mccoy-discusses-the-role-cam-newton-played-in-him-joining-carolina/amp/

https://pantherswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/20/panthers-gerald-mccoy-cam-newton-rich-eisen-show-comments/amp/

Archived