• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake might be able to win me back...

Samuel L. Jackson

...just a SLIGHT amount if he goes out there and does enough to keep us undefeated in the Superdome since 2003...

Yes, that is when Jake became our starting QB, and no, we haven't lost against the Saints in their house since... even the year Jake was hurt...

If we can just win this game, it could do wonders for both bringing down the Saints morale, boosting ours, and getting us back a little respect that we gave up so early in the year...

Since I started this trend last week, I will be DVRing the game, and playing catchup around halftime... I guess I've started a new superstition since we got the W last week, so I'll stick to it for now..

I'm not expecting the win, but hopefully we at least keep it respectable and maybe even pull out the W...

Point 1. Rationally speaking, no matte what happens Jake is the best QB we have on the roster at the moment.

Point 2. Jake is a gunslinger that always stands a punchers chance at winning.

Point 3. Assuming we win out and Jake is doesnt throw another interception all season he is still an average QB at best. and he is 34 or so years old

Point being, I like Jake, and I might have confidence in jake this year but Jake has a shelf life as a QB. I love the personality of the team in terms of Jake, Smitty and all the other guys. They seem to have a very good comraderie that is probably among the best in the NFL. But in the end the team needs to do what is best for the team. Unfortunately there will be some turnover coming that will impact that core.

I think that Arizona game did a lot for Jake, whether he will admit it now or not. That's aside from the injury, of course. He was 7 for 11 before he got hurt, which is pretty darn good. I don't count the passes he threw after that, because if was obvious that he couldn't physically throw the ball after that. Honeslty, I'm still more worried about the pass protection right now than Jake. He can't keep taking those kind of hits and survive the season.

Archived