• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Are Trading OL Trai Turner To LAC For LT Russell Okung

bobsfoodbasics

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

that theory works

It works if you have a scrambled brain, and lack basic common sense.

16 hours ago, vorbis said:

Rhule interview with Peter King dropped today. a whole lot of stuff about Cam and Rhule sounds less ambiguous than he has in any other interview about his plans for Cam.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/panthers-head-coach-matt-rhule-plus-inside-tony-romo/id1150960126?i=1000467433646

15 hours ago, vorbis said:

"When you look at the position, guys are playing elite QB play way beyond the age of 29, 30"

"He's always been in a very aggressive offense where he pushes the ball down the field, and as we move into our system, which will be more 'rhythm, get the ball out of his hand,' I think he has a chance to be a really special player"

re: 3 quarterbacks starting games last season: "I think Cam is the first path we're going to go down, because he's *here*"

"if he's healthy, that allows us to use those picks, those resources, to build up the other positions on the team, which I think is really important"

King talking about how he spoke to Cam at training camp 2019 and that Cam was looking forward to evolving as a quarterback, Rhule: "I think that's definitely true. He wants to develop his game and have the next part of his career be the best part of his career."

"Quarterback's a position where you appreciate over time"

"When you have a chance to get a guy who's still in his prime but still has a lot of experience, if you channel that the right way, allow them some freedom to make decisions, you're getting something good in return."

"I think he'll thrive in the system"

"I think his ability to blend his experience with his rare talent is what we're excited about"

King asks what Rhule's thought process was when he went to hire Joe Brady: "I thought about Cam, and what he needed, a quarterback-friendly offense that's gonna allow him to stay upright and be a great quarterback"

2 minutes ago, TheRed said:

It works if you have a scrambled brain, and lack basic common sense.

That is still a long way from starting week one. 

I have asked this 100 times but nobody really has a good answer.  How does it help this franchise if cam plays say 14 games next year wins 8 game (being really generous here) and then leaves?  Or do you sign him to a new 5 year deal? 

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

That is still a long way from starting week one. 

I have asked this 100 times but nobody really has a good answer.  How does it help this franchise if cam plays say 14 games next year wins 8 game (being really generous here) and then leaves?  Or do you sign him to a new 5 year deal? 

Where did you pickup your crystal ball that told you all this would happen?

I'd like to get me one of those.

There goes Red--attacking another poster who disagrees with him.  It is his norm.  Here is what he is actually saying when he insults you:

"Even though I have no idea if I am right or wrong--I lack the capacity to elevate the conversation with logic, common sense, or intelligence, so I must discredit you by insulting you personally before I can attempt to cut and paste my rebuttal." 

Just make points and stop the finger pointing, child.

5 hours ago, MHS831 said:

There goes Red--attacking another poster who disagrees with him.  It is his norm.  Here is what he is actually saying when he insults you:

"Even though I have no idea if I am right or wrong--I lack the capacity to elevate the conversation with logic, common sense, or intelligence, so I must discredit you by insulting you personally before I can attempt to cut and paste my rebuttal." 

Thank you. Nobody will clean this site of the garbage he spreads. Just put him on ignore since we have no mods to take care of this place.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

All you do is sit on here and rail about Cam Newton from everything to who he is as a person to how much money he makes.

Just stop.

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I guess the word "if" is too much for you to process. 

He is familiar with "fu" however.  He gets that a lot.  He tries to stir up crap with anyone who will respond to him.  It is like arguing with a cat---you win every time, but you still feel dumb for arguing with a cat.

To answer your question:  It does not.  They have a plan, and the only way Cam is involved is if he somehow heals and becomes a different style QB.  I have not seen it yet---but he could conform to a pocket passer.  He will need his mechanics to improve--but I am not convinced they think he can change.

I wonder if the Turner to LAC is part of an agreement that may eventually lead to Cam following. 

4 minutes ago, steven8989 said:

Thank you. Nobody will clean this site of the garbage he spreads. Just put him on ignore since we have mods to take care if this place.

I do have him blocked--I see where he attacks others and it just has no productive value--nobody gives a poo what he thinks---but share opinions without attacking others is the way to go.  There has to be a special helmet or computer chip for people like him.

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

He is familiar with "fu" however.  He gets that a lot.  He tries to stir up crap with anyone who will respond to him.  It is like arguing with a cat---you win every time, but you still feel dumb for arguing with a cat.

To answer your question:  It does not.  They have a plan, and the only way Cam is involved is if he somehow heals and becomes a different style QB.  I have not seen it yet---but he could conform to a pocket passer.  He will need his mechanics to improve--but I am not convinced they think he can change.

I wonder if the Turner to LAC is part of an agreement that may eventually lead to Cam following. 

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I do have him blocked--I see where he attacks others and it just has no productive value--nobody gives a poo what he thinks---but share opinions without attacking others is the way to go.  There has to be a special helmet or computer chip for people like him.

Maybe you should spend less time interacting with the worst posters on this site looking for pity from them and actually try listening to that recent interview Matt Rhule did where he discussed this issue at length.

Or keep listening to the voices inside your head about Cam Newton.

You and Mr. Scot could be brothers.

5 hours ago, TheRed said:

Maybe you should spend less time interacting with the worst posters on this site looking for pity from them and actually try listening to that recent interview Matt Rhule did where he discussed this issue at length.

Or keep listening to the voices inside your head about Cam Newton.

You and Mr. Scot could be brothers.

arrested development hug GIF

I think you meant this is you and 4corners

Archived