• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cam Deserved Better

JARROD

Just now, 4Corners said:

Extremely disappointed in the panthers and management. Unprofessional and just plain wrong. Ruhle will be on the hot seat once we go 1-15 next year. 

And he should be. But it wont be because of Cam's release. It will be because we went 1-15.

8 minutes ago, Bytes said:

1st pass
Olsen lines up in the behind LOS, goes right and then cuts left. The ball is out AFTER the receiver makes his cut.
Not a timing throw.

2nd Pass
WR lines up left. The ball is thrown AFTER the receiver has turned back to Cam. Not a timing throw. 

3rd Pass
A drag route by Olson. No where near a timing throw

I'm done. just dont post something and call it something its not. Or maybe you just dont know what a timing throw is.
Which would make sense if the only QB you watch is Cam.

You are done because now you are grabbing at straws. There’s also more than 3 passes in the video and plenty more where that came from.

3 minutes ago, Bytes said:

No not my opinion. The film speaks for its self. Look at the first 3 passing and tell me with honestly Cam threw the ball before the receiver came out of his break. 

Did you watch last the first 3? No.

8 minutes ago, bull123 said:

If we win games, stadium will be full

most you accuse of being anti-Cam are actually anti-losing

News flash...you’ll more than likely have a polarizing star with a consistent winning team. You’ll have a player or players that are more popular than the others. You’ll have players that have fans, and tons of them. Y’all couldn’t even handle Cam or him being polarizing, lol. I shudder when I think of some of y’all when or if this team ever becomes a consistent winner.

The star has to win

The star has to act like I want him to act

He has to dress like I want him to dress

But like I said; time reveals a lot of things. If Lawrence or someone like him comes here and lights it up, and produces similar results as Cam, I guarantee some of these who had a problem with “Cam huggers” won’t have those same issues.

lol we’ve had winning seasons before and still can’t build a decent fan base. Anti losing? Lol we experienced more winning under Cam than ever for this franchise

Just now, JARROD said:

You are done because now you are grabbing at straws. There’s also more than 3 passes in the video and plenty more where that came from.

I know there are more. Why dig through trash for gold after 3 empty shovels? And if I am wrong point out which throw in the youtube video that is ACTUALLY a timing throw and I will watch and admit I was wrong. But there are some truths to all of this which was the genesis of this conversation. Cam's mechanics were atrocious. Period.

2 minutes ago, Bytes said:

Funny.... you can't call one. At least I described the first 3. 

The cotchery play for example is very simple to see Cam looks left and then passes deep right without seeing cotchery is there. He throws to a spot. Many are like that.

theres also plenty where He goes through progressions to get to an open target. A trait of a good quarterback is also going through progressions and not throwing a bad option. 

plenty of these show timing, touch and progressions. Again, I don’t think you played football. Timing is more than just throwing to a spot... it’s identifying the open receiver and making the right throw.

7 minutes ago, Bytes said:

Funny.... you can't call one. At least I described the first 3. 

Then there’s also making something out of nothing. Kinda hard to have timing on spot passes when your line gets blown up but keeping the eyes downfield and avoiding the rush becomes key.

Again, I suppose you have a hater agenda and that’s for you. It’s not my problem

@JARROD, I appreciate the work you did in finding and posting these fine memories of Cam's passing exploits.

As I've said a time or two, I've seen em all, back to Jim Brown.  (I'll be 80 on the 29th.)  But Cam has a special place in my recollections of fine players that I've rooted for.  I lived in Miami for 30 years, from before the Dolphins became an NFL team, through their perfect season.  I can still name about 20 of their starters, and Larry Csonka was my favorite.

There's always going to be a 'favorite' when a fan identifies with and roots for a team.  I've lived here since '81, and as with Miami, I saw the franchise from its inception.  I can probably name 80 or more Panther players that've made an impression on me.  And they made it with their effort, their guttiness, their will to win.  What epitomized those qualities among all the others, though, was one guy, Cam.

For 8 years, a good friend and I have had running arguments about Cam.  He always said the Panthers would never win it all, so long as Cam was the QB. (Damn!  Now he's right!).  I asked him why he disliked Cam so, and it wasn't his mechanics, or not jumping on that fumble -- he just saw Cam as an arrogant showoff, whose 1D and TD celebrations brought too much attention to himself.  I countered with my own judgment about all that -- to me, Cam saw the game as FUN, and played it that way.  He was playing like he was just a big kid.   He brought that fun to Panther fans, kids in the stands, underprivileged citizens in the community, and to his teammates ( how many other 1st string QBs run onto the field and jump for joy when a backup makes a play in an exhibition game?)

It's a business. I get that.  The Panthers will still be the focus of my rooting interest.  Do I think things should've been handled differently. by the front office?  Absolutely!

But more than anything else, going forward (and for me, I hope there's a lot of forward), I'll miss the fun he brought to the business, how that big grin made it a game for me.  For today, I'm sad he's gone.

Just now, JARROD said:

Then there’s also making something out of nothing. Kinda hard to have timing on spot passes when your line gets blown up but keeping the eyes downfield and avoiding the rush becomes key.

Again, I suppose you have a hater agenda and that’s for you. It’s not my problem

You know all the good QBs keep their eyes downfield when the rush is on right? And you know your statement is called an excuse to most of the world right. But thanks for backhandedly admitting that there arent any timing throws. And its not hate if its facts. 

Archived