• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

There will be a ESPN NFC South Mailbag at 1pm. I need everyone to

thunderraiden

haha..

GRwatcher

"Can you explain why Greg Williams would even suggest that injuring Steve Smith is the only way to stop Smitty? Even Gruden never suggested that. :)"

Pat Yasinskas (1:03 PM)

Didn't see that one. Where was it? Can you send me a link? I'm guessing he was joking. If he was serious, he could get fined. More importantly, he might get Smith mad -- and that's never a good idea.

Matt (Raleigh)

Do you think Saints' defensive coordinator Gregg Williams might have his comments about trying to injure Steve Smith backfire? This quote was reported on NOLA.com "But what we've got to do is turn his little body over, so that when he does get it he lands on his head and he doesn't come back in for a while."

Pat Yasinskas (1:05 PM)

Matt, thanks for the quote. Wow! I'm sure he was joking. But, like I said, not a good idea to even joke about injuring a player. NFL doesn't like this. And I'm willing to bet Smitty has the quote plastered on his living room wall.

LOL Someone on the huddle said...

NCSaint (336)

Hi Pat,Greg Williams didn't say he wanted to injure Smith. After heaping praise on Smith he said you had to hit him hard so he doesnt come right back in. On the edge? Yes. Over the edge? No.Tell the Kitten fans they are making much ado about nothing.

Pat Yasinskas (1:13 PM)

There, you told them.

Pat will say grow up little kiddies...it is part of a dying breed of coaches from the Buddy Ryan tree. If Meeks would have said it I wouldn't be laughing either but I wouldn't be complaining to PY about it. Read the entire article. Williams respects the hell out of Smith.

Pat will say grow up little kiddies...it is part of a dying breed of coaches from the Buddy Ryan tree. If Meeks would have said it I wouldn't be laughing either but I wouldn't be complaining to PY about it. Read the entire article. Williams respects the hell out of Smith.

I read what he said. He said Little, Small, and take him out of the game. Nuff said he dissed Smith Big time. Everyone says Smith plays with a chip on his shoulder but you never hear people say this crap about Moss, Fitz, or Andre Johnson. Smith really is disrespected.

I guess it doesn't matter if he was joking or not -- Smith won't think it's funny.

I usually don't put much stock into "bulletin board" material, but Smith has his best games after comments like these. The guy still is quick to point out how many people thought he'd only be a punt returner in the league.

Here's hoping for a big day from Smitty.

from Saints chat:

Matt (Raleigh)

Do you think Saints' defensive coordinator Gregg Williams might have his comments about trying to injure Steve Smith backfire? This quote was reported on NOLA.com "But what we've got to do is turn his little body over, so that when he does get it he lands on his head and he doesn't come back in for a while."

Pat Yasinskas (1:05 PM)

Matt, thanks for the quote. Wow! I'm sure he was joking. But, like I said, not a good idea to even joke about injuring a player. NFL doesn't like this. And I'm willing to bet Smitty has the quote plastered on his living room wall.

Quote:

GRWatcher (Statesville)

Can you explain why Greg Williams would even suggest that injuring Steve Smith is the only way to stop Smitty? Even Gruden never suggested that.

Pat Yasinskas (1:03 PM)

Didn't see that one. Where was it? Can you send me a link? I'm guessing he was joking. If he was serious, he could get fined. More importantly, he might get Smith mad -- and that's never a good idea.

Archived