• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kobe Thread

Kevin Greene

I was a Kobe hater for the longest, but I've finally seen the light. Don't give a fug bout the Lakers, but Kobes doing his thing with a broken nose and concussion like symptoms. Him and Durant are the big dawgs of this league!

For the first time in 3 years, Kobe finally beat LeBron. And as you can see dudes is jumping for joy. That was 5 straight wins for #6 til today. Kobe needs 5 more wins to even the series. Maybe bt age 40 he'll get there. If only the Lakers could make it to the Finals we'wouldnt have to wait til 2013 to see this matchup again.

haters are gonna hate...but only a hater would say that Kobe isn't the best, most consistent, two way player in the league in the past 10 years! Everyone always forgets that he's a world class defender...on top of all the points he scores!

For the first time in 3 years, Kobe finally beat LeBron. And as you can see dudes is jumping for joy. That was 5 straight wins for #6 til today. Kobe needs 5 more wins to even the series. Maybe bt age 40 he'll get there. If only the Lakers could make it to the Finals we'wouldnt have to wait til 2013 to see this matchup again.

5 rings >>>>>> then evening a regular season series with LeBrick's teams. Don't kid yourself KT, you think Kobe, or anyone else for that matter gives a damn about a regular season series? You're probably the only one who actually thinks LeBron's teams having the winning record over Kobe's teams matters. Guess what? The Bobcats have owned the Lakers in recent history, look where that got them...

Do "clutch" players usually shoot 1 for 10 in the 4th quarter and lose to powerhouses like the wizards? Just checking.

Dudes get quiet when "Mamba" chokes. Wont say a word. Wont hold him accountable. Rather pretend it didnt happen than discuss and micro-analyze his failures. Next week some dudes on here gonna tell us how "clutch" he is and why he's the best player in the league, when he drops 40 on the Kings or some other scrub team at home.

:lol:

This is like the haters only good days.

Enjoy though, when the compacted regular season is over and you dont have 3 games in 4 days in different cities things will be better. Washington had yesterday off and had plenty left in the tank late in the game. The Lakers, not so much.

No defending tonights game giving up a 20 point lead, but it was a team performance. (Remember Kobe cant win without Shaq and Pau right?)

So enjoy it, Kobe had a shitty night. 30 points, 5 boards, 4 assists and 4 steals. :rolleyes:

I think he should retire. :lol:

Dudes get quiet when "Mamba" chokes. Wont say a word. Wont hold him accountable. Rather pretend it didnt happen than discuss and micro-analyze his failures. Next week some dudes on here gonna tell us how "clutch" he is and why he's the best player in the league, when he drops 40 on the Kings or some other scrub team at home.

You might be right there.

So I checked the Lakers last home game. Sure enough, Kobe dropped 33 on 14 of 23 shooting against those "scrub" Miami Heat.

Thanks for the tip, I feel better!

:lol:

This is like the haters only good days.

Enjoy though, when the compacted regular season is over and you dont have 3 games in 4 days in different cities things will be better. Washington had yesterday off and had plenty left in the tank late in the game. The Lakers, not so much.

No defending tonights game giving up a 20 point lead, but it was a team performance. (Remember Kobe cant win without Shaq and Pau right?)

So enjoy it, Kobe had a pooty night. 30 points, 5 boards, 4 assists and 4 steals. :rolleyes:

I think he should retire. :lol:

Kobe needed 31 shots to score 30 points and made 1 of 10 in the 4th. This is following a game in which he went 8 for 26. Meanwhile Pau and Bynum score 19 each on 11 and 8 shots respectively. Makes you wonder that if the ball went more to the strength of the team in the clutch if they would have been able to hold on to the lead.

Kobe the ball hog. :lol:

LOS ANGELES (AP)—The Lakers needed a last-minute basket to hold off theBoston Celtics, and Kobe Bryant knew everybody in green would expect him to take the shot.

That’s why Bryant suggested Andrew Bynum should do it—and the All-Star center leaped at the opportunity to seal Los Angeles’ latest win in the NBA’s most storied rivalry.

Bryant scored 10 of his 26 points in the fourth quarter and hit a go-ahead jumper with 41.7 seconds to play, and Bynum’s hook shot over Kevin Garnettcapped the Lakers’ 97-94 victory Sunday.

Gave the team the lead and made the move to Bynum.

Bynum had 20 points and 14 rebounds as the Lakers rallied from a five-point deficit in the final 2 1/2 minutes, scoring the final eight points. Bryant and Bynum had four apiece—but only after Kobe urged coach Mike Brown to use him as a decoy.

“Andrew is too big. You can’t teach that,” Bryant said with a grin. “I knew it was going to be a high-percentage shot.”

After Bynum coolly scored out of a timeout with 15.5 seconds left, Boston couldn’t get a good look at a tying 3-pointer, sending the Lakers to their third straight victory over their longtime rivals.

Bynum appeared to take particular satisfaction in his decisive role in the victory after years as a supporting player to Bryant’s late-game heroics.

“It was crazy,” Bynum said. “Kobe came up with that play. He said, `They’re not going to be able to know what to do.’ I was able to get deep position and go to work.”

Another clutch performance for the Mamba and the Big Man.

11f75d801671a55d76ff498f4766cf54-getty-141145304.jpg

The Lakers now in first place in the Pacific.

Archived