• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The tank, the rebuild, and Short

AU-panther

Only way I see us winning with teddy is if our roster is absolutely STACKED with talent in their primes a la the 49ers last year. Teddy is in the mold of Jimmy. That’s what we’ve seen of him throughout his career.  I’m not sure getting to that point is possible in 2-3 years. That 49ers team drafted dline and oline in the first round for like the past 7 or 8 years. Their entire dline (and even rotation players) and oline consisted of all first rounders and 1 high second rounder. We’ve started that process. But still have a long way to go.

to consistently make the playoffs and have chances at deep runs you HAVE to have an elite qb talent to offset your talent deficiencies at other positions with elite coaching. Or you have to draft insanely well consistently which is very hard to do. Teddy has shown he’s a solid qb, that’s it. I don’t see us having any meaningful chances at deep runs with teddy in the next 2-3 years because we don’t have the talent surrounding to help him be more successful. It would be nice to be wrong but I just don’t see it.

6 hours ago, jfra78 said:

The actual letter from David Tepper

I don't see anything about 5 years, where did this even come from?

In another thread people we’re talking about how Short doesn’t fit a 5 year plan.

Also some were saying that there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme or reason to our offseason moves and that there doesn’t seem to be a plan.

If you look at us trying to be competitive next season, instead of 3,4,5 years down the road then the moves do make sense. 

So yes, the team didn’t explicitly say 5 years,but a lot of people are looking at the decisions from a longer term viewpoint. 

Archived