• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake lost yet another game for us

Sam Mills Fan

I agree. In fact Jake made a quite a few good throws in that game. It's not his fault that Fox wouldn't let him throw when it could have done some good or that his WR's are not helping him at all. Barnidge seems to be the only guy out there that can make a catch when the throw is not absolutely perfect.

And oh yeah, the OP is an idiot.

You crack me up kid. We have a quarterback that is having one of the worst seasons in NFL history and you somehow manage to always find someone else to blame and refuse to ever criticize Jake. Yet *I* am the idiot. Mmhmm, your tears will taste delicious once Fox/Hurney get kicked out of town and the new administration drops Jake on their first day on the job.

I agree. In fact Jake made a quite a few good throws in that game. It's not his fault that Fox wouldn't let him throw when it could have done some good or that his WR's are not helping him at all. Barnidge seems to be the only guy out there that can make a catch when the throw is not absolutely perfect.

And oh yeah, the OP is an idiot.

how's it not jake's fault? he's turned the ball over all season. what trust has he earned with this coaching staff to be allowed to throw the ball? the way he struggled handing off the ball today, I really have no clue what he's still doing as our starting qb

but this goes to a deeper problem, we try to protect jake instead of running what we want to. I don't agree with this, we run the plays that make since, we pass when there are 9 in the box and if jake can't get it done (he's proven he can't) bench him and go to the next qb

dwayne jarret dropped and easy pass on a deep route that hurt us, receivers were wide open down the field in the 2nd half, there was no pressure on brees, jonathan stewart was god awful and should have not gotten as many carries as he did, williams fumbled at a critical time

i won't blame the loss on jake, but his woes earlier in the season and the coaching staff's response hurt us this game

Yea, jake didn't throw an int, jake didn't fumble the ball for an easy td by the opposing team, jake didn't overthrow receivers(except about 5 times). Yea, he looked grrrrreat out there! Go jake baby!

sarcasm off:

The fact is we need a QB, b/c you cant beat good teams with just a run game. Maybe on a rare occasion, but overall this team is going nowhere fast. Fox will put moore in after we're already 7 games in the hole. The good thing is, this time, we're going to fire his azz for doing it.

Jake threw the ball fine today. You guys are one notch below moronic to blame this game on him.

If Fox don't want him to throw, then he needs to bench him, otherwise he needs to let the man play. This game is on the coaching staff as far as I'm concerned.

One other thing...what in the hell do turnovers in earlier games have to do with how Jake played today? Brees turned the ball over twice today, Jake had zero turnovers. He didn't fumble the ball and he didn't throw an INT.

how's it not jake's fault? he's turned the ball over all season. what trust has he earned with this coaching staff to be allowed to throw the ball? the way he struggled handing off the ball today, I really have no clue what he's still doing as our starting qb

but this goes to a deeper problem, we try to protect jake instead of running what we want to. I don't agree with this, we run the plays that make since, we pass when there are 9 in the box and if jake can't get it done (he's proven he can't) bench him and go to the next qb

dwayne jarret dropped and easy pass on a deep route that hurt us, receivers were wide open down the field in the 2nd half, there was no pressure on brees, jonathan stewart was god awful and should have not gotten as many carries as he did, williams fumbled at a critical time

i won't blame the loss on jake, but his woes earlier in the season and the coaching staff's response hurt us this game

You are right. It was Davidson not seeing the game unfold and how much better Jake was playing to day and adjusting to let him play. Sure he has something to do with the lack of confidence in the passing game right now, but Davidson's inexperience means he is not very sure of what to do right now. We are becoming even more predictable than we were in the past. A sure formula for failure in the NFL.

SMF, you're an amazing fella.. pat yourself on the back. what would we do without you.

play calling and false starts kept us from winning this game.

blaming Jake for this loss just shows your lack of developing any kind of accurate assessment that has anything to do with football.

Archived