• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I wrong in thinking MLB is our biggest weakness on defense?

Eazy-E

4 minutes ago, CRA said:

Shaq’s good enough...if you have good LBs.  But he can’t be the dude your paying in your LB corps

Was gonna say something along these lines...  I could see him serviceable as the 3rd guy, but even then, I wasn't ever very impressed with him.  He definitely shouldn't have been given that contract and I doubt the market would've been very lucrative for him either.

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Not just MLB.  The entire LBs corps needs to be scrapped.  It's all bad.

I disagree.. You can live with Shaq if you have a better MLB or atleast avg.. Shaq has made some plays this season and been a better tackler and leader... 

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

I disagree.. You can live with Shaq if you have a better MLB or atleast avg.. Shaq has made some plays this season and been a better tackler and leader... 

I agree he's solid with better LBs around him, but I've still found him to be extremely upgradeable.

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Here comes the "you might want to bow out thing because of my genius" ..When again the point of me doing this was to show "he wasn't avoiding contact".. Which was one of your genius critics... But Scott will do this BS in all debates.. He either makes points out of no where or changes the argument.. Pretty much acts like a woman..lol

It ain't because of my genius.

8 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Run time 6.06.. Should of had it and so should have Donte.. But it wasn't as easy a play to make (with the WR playing defense and him having to catch it at its highest point) and if we're really going to nick pick DB's dropping easy ints then we will never have a good one.. The old saying has always been if DB'S could catch they would be Wr's...  If that was infuriating then Moore dropping a dime on a crossing pattern should have had you climbing a wall right??

That's not the play we're talking about.

And I'm guessing if it's not in the highlights, you're not gonna know what play we mean.

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Yeah, you might wanna bow out here. You just made it more embarrassing :)

Pretty much every other person in here (also known as those of us who actually watch the games rather than relying on highlights) knows that Boston is subpar.

Not sure why you're trying to defend Boston but you picked a really bad hill to die on.

Funny thing is this isn't the argument and I wasn't claiming him to be a pro bowler.. I think Boston is avg. I think he makes some plays and misses others... But if you're going to spend most of your defensive money and resources on front 7 players and maybe 1 really good CB.. You will need to have avg. Players some where..

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, I know, but I never include him lol.  He really is the joker/buffalo nickel, so not a true LB.  

That being said, that evolution of the game is part of why I feel like our LBs are so noticeably bad now...  most teams aren't running much base defense anymore, so most traditional LBs aren't out there as often unless they are super atheltic, can run, and can cover.  Shaq was touted for his athleticism coming out, but he has never shown good coverage skills or even average instincts, so there's that...  and Whitehead...  My God, he is just bad all the way around.

I think we really have to look to add more guys with similar builds/skills to Chinn and eventually will be moving him back to safety permanently.  I just really think our true LBs aren't very usable in the current NFL, but jmo.

Remember that's how Thomas Davis started out (switching spots).

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I agree he's solid with better LBs around him, but I've still found him to be extremely upgradeable.

You can't upgrade everything.. You have to field some solid players some where in the lineup.. You can't have all allstars..

2 hours ago, panthers90 said:

1a. MLB 1b. FS 2. TE

My order of need is:

1. MLB

2. Guard (offensive line BULLIED today)

3. CB 

4. FS

5. TE

But this is all a moot point if a franchise QB is sitting wherever we pick in round 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Remember that's how Thomas Davis started out.

Yeah, but imo, TD looked much more like a LB than a safety, so it seemed like a natural move when he settled in as a LB.  Chinn appears much more rangy and instinctual in coverage.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It ain't because of my genius.

That's not the play we're talking about.

And I'm guessing if it's not in the highlights, you're not gonna know what play we mean.

Then what is the play Scott??

1st you bring this play up when I thought we were talking about this game..

Then you don't show the play..

Show the play?? It isn't that hard Prudence..

Just now, Proudiddy said:

Yeah, but imo, TD looked much more like a LB than a safety, so it seemed like a natural move when he settled in as a LB.  Chinn appears much more rangy and instintlctual in coverage.

Fair analysis, but also worth remembering the game has changed a lot since that season.

Just now, WOW!! said:

Then what is the play Scott??

1st you bring this play up when I thought we were talking about this game..

Then you don't show the play..

Show the play?? It isn't that hard Prudence..

Why do I need to show the play if you saw the game? 

Everybody else here knows what play I'm talking about. How is it that you don't?

Archived