• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Previewing the Carousel

Mr. Scot

As much as it pains me to say this,  good job, Scot.  I usually do not get too involved in the front office crap beyond Pantherland--I wait for you to write the children's book version and post it here.

I still struggle relating to the plot and characters.

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

As much as it pains me to say this,  good job, Scot.  I usually do not get too involved in the front office crap beyond Pantherland--I wait for you to write the children's book version and post it here.

I still struggle relating to the plot and characters.

I'm working on a pop up version.

Reading in a couple of places that the Falcons might be targeting ESPN analyst Louis Riddick for GM.

Riddick actually spent two (non-consecutive) seasons with the Falcons during his playing days but all his NFL front office time was spent with either the Redskins or the Eagles.

At this point if Brady were to leave I would not be upset. From all accounts he has been underwhelming and his scheme was figured out in the second quarter of the season. Not to say more talent would make him look better but it would the new OC as well.  Gurus make more with less. 

For what it's worth, there's talk that college coach openings could cost us an assistant. Word it is that running back coach Jeff Nixon has gotten some head coaching attention before and might again.

Also have to figure that even if no NFL team asks him to interview, some college team might want to talk to Joe Brady.

On 12/14/2020 at 12:28 PM, Mr. Scot said:

Lions are reportedly set interview former Texans GM Rick Smith.

Kind of hope he latches on somewhere. Letting him go while he was taking care of a sick wife was a dick move by the Texans.

I bet the Lions owner really likes him.  He was treated badly by the Texans.  Below is a link to an article about him in the Athletic.  It is a long one but a good read.  He is an impressive person and GM. Lots of good info in there.

He is set to interview with the Falcons.  Certainly hope he does not end up there.  My guess is he will like Sheila Ford Hemp better than Arthur Blank.  He is not desperate for a GM job.

https://theathletic.com/1596742/2020/02/12/my-heart-is-open-now-former-texans-gm-rick-smiths-grief-has-reshaped-his-life/?article_source=search&search_query=My heart is open now’%3A Former Texans GM Rick Smith’s grief has reshaped his life

37 minutes ago, ladypanther said:

I bet the Lions owner really likes him.  He was treated badly by the Texans.  Below is a link to an article about him in the Athletic.  It is a long one but a good read.  He is an impressive person and GM. Lots of good info in there.

He is set to interview with the Falcons.  Certainly hope he does not end up there.  My guess is he will like Sheila Ford Hemp better than Arthur Blank.  He is not desperate for a GM job.

https://theathletic.com/1596742/2020/02/12/my-heart-is-open-now-former-texans-gm-rick-smiths-grief-has-reshaped-his-life/?article_source=search&search_query=My heart is open now’%3A Former Texans GM Rick Smith’s grief has reshaped his life

I remember that. Read it when it came out.

He has quite a story.

Archived