Jump to content
  • Welcome!

    Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

    Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

    Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

     

Lamelo's first Triple Double


Zod

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah but if you were a NC native, it is hard to forget how much fun those teams were and how raucous the games were. I am not sure professional basketball will ever be that good in NC again.

I think you're wrong.  This team is exciting and once fans are let back into the building the HIVE will come alive again.   Let Ball give an assist for a slam dunk.  The roof will come off.  

They play so well together.  We have good outside shoots and solid inside presence. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

I dont think professional bball will ever be that good again period. 

The NBA is great to watch, despite all the grumbling about it not being great.

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I think you're wrong.  This team is exciting and once fans are let back into the building the HIVE will come alive again.   Let Ball give an assist for a slam dunk.  The roof will come off.  

They play so well together.  We have good outside shoots and solid inside presence. 

 

It's possible but I don't think people understand how exciting those times were. You gotta remember that was NC's first professional franchise and it was a basketball team in a basketball state. We led the league in attendance for a couple of years, IIRC. 

That's the difference now, IMO. Fans are jaded a little by having an NFL franchise and NHL franchise. Not to mention that attending professional sporting events just isn't quite the same in the internet age. Some of those thing are just frozen in time and the original Hornets are that way, for me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

The NBA is great to watch, despite all the grumbling about it not being great.

It's possible but I don't think people understand how exciting those times were. You gotta remember that was NC's first professional franchise and it was a basketball team in a basketball state. We led the league in attendance for a couple of years, IIRC. 

That's the difference now, IMO. Fans are jaded a little by having an NFL franchise and NHL franchise. Not to mention that attending professional sporting events just isn't quite the same in the internet age. Some of those thing are just frozen in time and the original Hornets are that way, for me. 

I remember well.  I think if we add a player another top tier talent.  Things may change.  Our beloved Panthers have fallen on hard times lately. Though we are on the upswing I think.  The Hurricanes are a playoff team but not good enough to win it all.

I definitely see your point of view. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I remember well.  I think if we add a player another top tier talent.  Things may change.  Our beloved Panthers have fallen on hard times lately. Though we are on the upswing I think.  The Hurricanes are a playoff team but not good enough to win it all.

I definitely see your point of view. 

I think the Hurricanes are positioned to be the dominant professional team in NC for the next few years. The Panthers are a work in progress with unsure results, as are the Hornets. The Hurricanes have established young stars to build around and elite talent already in hand. I believe they are close to being good enough to win it all. 

I am not getting overly excited about the Hornets yet. I want to see us throughout the course of the season. If we are in the "Kemba purgatory" of that 6th to 10th seed in the East, we are basically a nothing team. Perhaps if Ball and one of these other young guys ascend to elite status we can be a threat. In the NBA, if you don't have the talent, it is so very hard to win championships. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...