• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is Tua an option? Appears to be trouble in paradise...

SizzleBuzz

1 hour ago, LinvilleGorge said:

The biggest competitive advantage in the modern NFL since the rookie wage scale is an elite QB on a rookie contract. If you're willing to trade a guy after one season, you're VERY sure he ain't it. The last guy to be traded after one year is Josh Rosen. After being drafted in 2018, he's been on four different rosters and honestly might be done in the NFL already. Now, I think the situations are very different as Rosen seems arrogant and uncoachable while Tua seems like a great guy who is very physically limited but the commonality between the two of Tua gets moved is that the team that drafted them will have become very convinced in very short order that this guy is not the answer.

and this is why its not crazy to spend multiple first round picks on trying to find an elite QB, or trading up for one.

As a general rule I don't like trading up but for QBs its different, i think it was one of the PFF guys that said QBs aren't even money trades and its true.

The easiest way to win constantly in the league is with a great QB, and the best chance to find an elite QB is with a first round pick.  Of course there are exceptions but overall that is the easiest path.

Draft a guy early, surround him with good coaching and decent offense and give him 2-3 years.  If he doesn't work do it again.

Chasing shortcuts will leave you disappointed more times than not.

30 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

and this is why its not crazy to spend multiple first round picks on trying to find an elite QB, or trading up for one.

As a general rule I don't like trading up but for QBs its different, i think it was one of the PFF guys that said QBs aren't even money trades and its true.

The easiest way to win constantly in the league is with a great QB, and the best chance to find an elite QB is with a first round pick.  Of course there are exceptions but overall that is the easiest path.

Draft a guy early, surround him with good coaching and decent offense and give him 2-3 years.  If he doesn't work do it again.

Chasing shortcuts will leave you disappointed more times than not.

I agree, but you have to be REALLY confident you're taking the right guy because once you push the chips in on the table you're going to be greatly limited to do it again for awhile.

Archived