• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouting timeline

Actionman0z

Pretty confident in saying most scouting departments have ballpark grades on a lot of the guys a year out.

Not sure if that is really a huge tactical advantage.  Predicting what any team does on draft night is impossible, draft night is so fluid, one move ahead of you can have a trickle down affect that changes your entire draft.  Maybe if they were picking one spot ahead of us he could make an educated guess on what they would do but not a huge deal with respective draft positions.

He will have some insight on the type of players they value, but honestly Schneider and Carroll have been there so long most teams probably already know that.  I want to say they value SPARQ alot, could be wrong.

Maybe one of his previous scouts had been talking about some small school "gem", but even that is rare.  Very few good players really fall through the scouting cracks.

Each person should have a rough idea of eachs plan. No one that I know of has made their 180 player big board. I mean its not a secret about what carolinas needs are, even a normie fan knows.  

I do worry some about current panther scouts/executives making contact with Herniay, once Fitterrereer starts forming his plan/strategy/targets/big board. Burner phones are cheap and with just a little smarts its hard to control this. Herniay could have already promised money/jobs to them. Then it becomes a trust issue, cause some new GM will not allow current staff to see/know the plan/strategy/targets/big board. They think "fug this guy/team, they dont trust me, I need another job!" "Im not going to work hard or give honest report on players, cause they are not going to re-new my contract". Frittererererer has to figure that and I bet he wants to hire some new people after the draft too, good luck...

Edited by Basbear