• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

It does feel good if you think about it....

Zod

No I didn't watch it. I like Sean Paytons attitude when it comes to playcalling. He doesn't mind keeping his foot on the pedal. We all know that the Saints offense is predicated on the pass, it has been that way since Brees got there. But they didn't pass any more or less than usual.

Trust me man... I watched it... they were trying to score and scoring when they were well in control of the game and the Lions had quit playing...

They were passing and didnt need to... Paytion got him to within 400 yards... and this Sunday he will be going for the record.

Trust me man... I watched it... they were trying to score and scoring when they were well in control of the game and the Lions had quit playing...

They were passing and didnt need to... Paytion got him to within 400 yards... and this Sunday he will be going for the record.

Hey, I hope and pray that Payton would try and sell out to get the record...I just don't think he will. I'm not saying that they aren't going to pass the ball, I'm just saying that Payton will not gameplan a game to get Brees the passing record, he's not that kind of coach, I'm not sure any coach would do something like that. He wants his team to win, first and foremost, and if Brees happens to get the record along the way, then that will just be gravy.

I don't think Brees will get over 300 yards in any case.

I noticed that as well and all I could say is "Karma's a bitch." As much as Brees/Payton would want that "prestigiuos" passing record, our D would just as much would love nothing more to deny it to them.
Does it not feel good just a bit to have that X by our name for sure?
Judging from reactions from the Huddle, no. :lol:

If Brees tries to air it out just to get a record rather than staying balanced and trying to win the game they will lose big time. I really doubt that the record is that big a deal and if it is, they have their priorities in the wrong place. I guarantee that Brees would trade the record for a winning season this year. That is also what is on the line for them.

I don't know about that, players talk about how they don't care about records all the time, but that is a HUGE record that will put Brees in the history books for years to come. I think that would be worth a .500 season, even to the coaches.

Archived