• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jake Game by Game

err456

Fox is determined to stick with Jake no matter what so it looks like we are stuck with him for now at least. Let's see how he's done this year after coming off the worst game of his career last year at home against the Cards.

Philly: Well the worst game of his career all over again.

Alt. Played better but no magic

Dal. Played okay for a while again no magic when we needed it.

Wash. tried to give it away early but rebounded and that bootleg at the end was a thing of beauty.

Tampa: again tried to give it away but was not by himself. Ugly but we won.

Buff. did give it away this time.

Cards: pretty good game, looked like an okay QB most of the game

NO: Not a bad game but just doesn't seem to have the big play ability anymore.

Lets face it, Jake is the laughing stock of the NFL. Maybe not all is deserved but I don't see us going any where unless he picks up his game in a big way.

He is our weak link.

If Jake doesn't improve Fox may be forced to make a change but it will be to late to salvage this year and both of their jobs.

Fox is determined to stick with Jake no matter what so it looks like we are stuck with him for now at least. Let's see how he's done this year after coming off the worst game of his career last year at home against the Cards.

Philly: Well the worst game of his career all over again.

Alt. Played better but no magic

Dal. Played okay for a while again no magic when we needed it.

Wash. tried to give it away early but rebounded and that bootleg at the end was a thing of beauty.

Tampa: again tried to give it away but was not by himself. Ugly but we won.

Buff. did give it away this time.

Cards: pretty good game, looked like an okay QB most of the game

NO: Not a bad game but just doesn't seem to have the big play ability anymore.

Lets face it, Jake is the laughing stock of the NFL. Maybe not all is deserved but I don't see us going any where unless he picks up his game in a big way.

He is our weak link.

If Jake doesn't improve Fox may be forced to make a change but it will be to late to salvage this year and both of their jobs.

Really unbiased objective evaluation. Something unique too. Glad you started a new thread about this. Can't wait until you post again!!!:smilielol5:

It does seem like John Fox is in love with Jake. The NFL is supposed to be a cut throat bussiness. If you suck at your job then you get benched and we find someone who can do it better. It pisses me off that the Panthers have made no effort for years to find a quality back-up or maybe draft a QB.

It does seem like John Fox is in love with Jake. The NFL is supposed to be a cut throat bussiness. If you suck at your job then you get benched and we find someone who can do it better. It pisses me off that the Panthers have made no effort for years to find a quality back-up or maybe draft a QB.

Taken from another thread -Shackling your quarterback.

Again we didn't need a quarterback until Jake got hurt in 2007. We brought in Carr to replace Weinke so we had two starters to begin 2007. In 2008 we had Moore who looked to be the heir apparent. And we traded for McCown who had plenty of starting experience and played decently for the cardinals but no so much for Miami. Even this year we had McCown and Moore as possibilities and Jake was expected to be better. Sure we needed a succession plan but not an emergency one they thought. With their cap strapped position and no first rounder and such a drop off after the first couple of guys at quarterback, the thought was wait one more year, shore up the DE position given Pepper's situation and get someone next year when there was a larger group to pick from. Hindsight would suggest differently but their draft and free agent strategy seemed pretty sound at the time.

Taken from another thread -Shackling your quarterback.

Again we didn't need a quarterback until Jake got hurt in 2007. We brought in Carr to replace Weinke so we had two starters to begin 2007. In 2008 we had Moore who looked to be the heir apparent. And we traded for McCown who had plenty of starting experience and played decently for the cardinals but no so much for Miami. Even this year we had McCown and Moore as possibilities and Jake was expected to be better. Sure we needed a succession plan but not an emergency one they thought. With their cap strapped position and no first rounder and such a drop off after the first couple of guys at quarterback, the thought was wait one more year, shore up the DE position given Pepper's situation and get someone next year when there was a larger group to pick from. Hindsight would suggest differently but their draft and free agent strategy seemed pretty sound at the time.

funny how the professional coaches and front office didn't see the flaws in jake the average fan did last season. how did they not see it when i saw it from my easy chair? you didn't need hindsight to see it, all you had to do is watch last years games!

this only came as a shock to some of you at the beginning of the season. for others, like myself, it was obvious at the end of last season and they gave the guy a fricken extension!!!

funny how the professional coaches and front office didn't see the flaws in jake the average fan did last season. how did they not see it when i saw it from my easy chair? you didn't need hindsight to see it, all you had to do is watch last years games!

this only came as a shock to some of you at the beginning of the season. for others, like myself, it was obvious at the end of last season and they gave the guy a fricken extension!!!

Probably because you saw TV and they saw game tape and knew what was supposed to happen rather than what did happen. All of that up to the Arizona game suggested that he would come out fine this year with another 6 months to rest his arm which tightened up on him last year.

It could have gone either way this year. Those that predicted gloom and doom were right so they get to act like sages and prognosticators par excellence. Congratulations.

I guess the Peppers guys who predicted 2 1/2 sacks and a repeat of 2007 are still waiting for things to screw up so they can be right too.

Probably because you saw TV and they saw game tape and knew what was supposed to happen rather than what did happen. All of that up to the Arizona game suggested that he would come out fine this year with another 6 months to rest his arm which tightened up on him last year.

It could have gone either way this year. Those that predicted gloom and doom were right so they get to act like sages and prognosticators par excellence. Congratulations.

I guess the Peppers guys who predicted 2 1/2 sacks and a repeat of 2007 are still waiting for things to screw up so they can be right too.

You obviously think this thread is a joke but have posted on it 3 times already. I'm glad I have a life.

Really unbiased objective evaluation. Something unique too. Glad you started a new thread about this. Can't wait until you post again!!!:smilielol5:

This post has more insight than the typical "Jake sucks threads". I agree 100% with this, and I have defended Jake plenty of times of times in the past.

You obviously think this thread is a joke but have posted on it 3 times already. I'm glad I have a life.

I don't have a life because I posted three times in a useless thread and you spent a bunch of time creating this thread and you have a life? About the same level of logic you used in creating it. Awesome1!

This post has more insight than the typical "Jake sucks threads". I agree 100% with this, and I have defended Jake plenty of times of times in the past.

That definitely makes it great then because it is better than a totally useless thread. It is only useless and redundant. Terrific!!

Archived