• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

After looking at Remmers protecting Mahomes, we owe Cam an apology

Call Me James

2 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

But that's the thing that they don't seem to be getting. Every single shred of any evidence indicates Watson wants to leave and badly. It's a franchise that let it's previous dipshit coach/GM trade away just about every thing of value in the draft. This is the opportunity to get the franchise back on track for rebuilding. 

If they fug this up, they will be in the cellar of the NFL for a long, long time. 

I agree with what you posted. That's why I was surprised Watson signed that huge extension prior to the 2020 season.  The bad front office moves were known before new deal.   As a 1st round pick in 2017, he'd be entering the last year of his deal this season and could walk at season's end unless he was franchised. I'd love to see him succeed elsewhere, but since he's only one year into his new contract I can see why Houston is unwilling (at the present time anyway) to trade him.

19 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

I agree with what you posted. That's why I was surprised Watson signed that huge extension prior to the 2020 season.  The bad front office moves were known before new deal.   As a 1st round pick in 2017, he'd be entering the last year of his deal this season and could walk at season's end unless he was franchised. I'd love to see him succeed elsewhere, but since he's only one year into his new contract I can see why Houston is unwilling (at the present time anyway) to trade him.

I am guessing he probably wanted to see if they could turn it around and then saw over the course of the year as the team fell apart. I think his ultimate decision to leave was him being resoundingly ignored when he offered the suggestions that he and some of his teammates had for the GM and coaching search. 

It appears he has been trying to be bought in most of the time but eventually all the BS just got to be too much. I can't say I blame him. Had it been me, I probably would have just not signed the deal and become a free agent.