• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Wentz update: Trade is close, with three teams involved

Mr. Scot

12 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

They don't really need to drum up interest if they've already got three teams bidding, and those teams are said to have pretty firm interest.

It does sound like the reason the trade isn't done yet though is because they're not happy with the offers those teams are making.

There might be two or three teams involved but that doesn’t mean they are aggressively bidding against each other. 

I’ve been saying for a week now that it’s possible that the Eagles could be leaking some of these reports.  Now you have a report saying they aren’t happy with the offers which would make that even seem more plausible.

You don’t have to take every report at face value, as a fan you can use some logic and common sense.

My guess is both Colts and Bears made offers, neither of which were as good as they hoped.  Also they probably really aren’t trying to outbid each other,  so Eagles are trying to get them to counter with better, hence all of the “close” reports last week.  Now that they haven’t budged we have talks about a third team. 

Edited by AU-panther

13 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

There might be two or three teams involved but that doesn’t mean they are aggressively bidding against each other. 

I’ve been saying for a week now that it’s possible that the Eagles could be leaking some of these reports.  Now you have a report saying they aren’t happy with the offers which would make that even seem more plausible.

You don’t have to take every report at face value, as a fan you can use some logic and common sense.

My guess is both Colts and Bears made offers, neither of which were as good as they hoped.  Also they probably really aren’t trying to outbid each other,  so Eagles are trying to get them to counter with better, hence all of the “close” reports last week.  Now that they haven’t budged we have talks about a third team. 

The report of the third team came at the same time as the report of the first two.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

The report of the third team came at the same time as the report of the first two.

The article is from yesterday. 
What exactly are you trying to say?

So you are 100% sure there are now 3 teams in an all out bidding war for Wentz?

All I said is that it some of these reports could actually be the Eagles trying to drum up more interest, are you saying that is not possible at all? 

Or are you convinced that everything you read is to be taken at 100% face value?

5 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

The article is from yesterday. 
What exactly are you trying to say?

So you are 100% sure there are now 3 teams in an all out bidding war for Wentz?

All I said is that it some of these reports could actually be the Eagles trying to drum up more interest, are you saying that is not possible at all? 

Or are you convinced that everything you read is to be taken at 100% face value?

I'm convinced that the word of people with actual inside sources is more valuable than that of random guys on the internet with conspiracy theories.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm convinced that the word of people with actual inside sources is more valuable than that of random guys on the internet with conspiracy theories.

Didn’t answer my question, 

so you believe there is zero chance that the Eagles could be leaking some of these reports to help try and improve the offers? 

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'd find that idea a lot more credible if it happened sooner.

Still haven’t answered....100% sure? 

all I’m saying is there is a chance, not sure why that bothers you so much 

What does sooner have to do with it, the close reports have been going on for a week?

if anything the longer this takes the more likely my theory could be true.

Edited by AU-panther

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Are you?

Neither of us knows. We're just speculating on what we read. the difference is you seem to think you have more insight than the people who are actually close to and covering the situation.

Yeesh 🙄

So you agree with me that it is possible.

I never said I was 100% sure, said it was possible, for some reason that bothers you. 

I don’t claim to have more insight, I can use some common sense and realize that not everything you read or hear should be taken at face value.   There is nothing wrong with reading between the lines, you should try it one day.

Just now, AU-panther said:

So you agree with me that it is possible.

I never said I was 100% sure, said it was possible, for some reason that bothers you. 

I don’t claim to have more insight, I can use some common sense and realize that not everything you read or hear should be taken at face value.   There is nothing wrong with reading between the lines, you should try it one day.

I already tried thinking that I as a random guy on the internet knew more than people who were actually involved in things or had real inside information when I was younger.

Luckily, I grew out of it.

5 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I already tried thinking that I as a random guy on the internet knew more than people who were actually involved in things or had real inside information when I was younger.

Luckily, I grew out of it.

I never said I knew more, just a possibility, but I like your weak attempt of deflecting now that you have already agreed with me and said it was possible.

Just now, AU-panther said:

I never said I knew more, just a possibility, but I like your weak attempt of deflecting now that you have already agreed with me and said it was possible.

Us trading only a seventh rounder for Deshaun Watson is possible.

There was a time when I read shenanigans into everything too. Over time, I found out most of it was bullsh-t and the real stories were actually a lot simpler than I had imagined them to be.

That's likely true here as well.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Us trading only a seventh rounder for Deshaun Watson is possible.

There was a time when I read shenanigans into everything too. Over time, I found out most of it was bullsh-t and the real stories were actually a lot simpler than I had imagined them to be.

That's likely true here as well.

Your point? 
I never said anything to the contrary 

I just presented a theory that could be somewhat possible and you took offense to it but later agreed it was possible .

I know you are trying to get the last word in but talking about others sceneries is another weak attempt.

I said Eagles could be leaking some of the info, you disagreed at first but later said there was a chance.  A chance is all I ever said. 
That discussion is over, if you want to talk about Watson we can start another thread.

1 minute ago, AU-panther said:

Your point? 
I never said anything to the contrary 

I just presented a theory that could be somewhat possible and you took offense to it but later agreed it was possible .

I know you are trying to get the last word in but talking about others sceneries is another weak attempt.

I said Eagles could be leaking some of the info, you disagreed at first but later said there was a chance.  A chance is all I ever said. 
That discussion is over, if you want to talk about Watson we can start another thread.

You think I'm trying to start another discussion about Watson here?

Oy 🙄

And dude, if the last word means that much to you, feel free. This argument is clearly a lot more important to you than it is to me.