• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mock draft trades. We don’t want Lance

SmokinwithWilly

I preface this by saying I am assuming at 8 we don’t take Lance even though he was available. So I mocked a trade back with San Francisco at 12. SF gave up

1st (12)

2022 1st

2nd (43)

and 2022 2nd.

We gave up

1st (8)

and 2022 2nd

I know it sounds like a strange combo and a little pricey, but QBs are premium and there’s a few suitors for the last of the top 4. I will say Lawrence and Wilson went 1,2 and Fields went 4 to Atlanta. They’re grabbing their Ryan replacement while they can. I mocked out the rest of the draft fairly taking into account other  teams needs and values and here’s what I ended up with. 

12- Kyle Pitts - mismatch nightmare. Slater was on the board still and I was really close going between the two, but with some questions about his length, Pitts was too good to pass up.

39 - Jalen Mayfield - I assume we tag Moton and try to move him to LT. If not, a tag and trade with Baltimore for Orlando Brown Jr. and we have our RT of the future. 

43 - Wyatt Davis - big, nasty OG immediately upgrades our interior. I wanted Creed Humphrey but he went one pick earlier to the Giants. 

44 - TRADE for  Richie Grant. We move back into the 2nd. Having already given up our 2nd in the trade with SF, I gave up our 3rd, 6th and SF 2022 2nd to Dallas

I didn’t take it further than the first 2 rounds because it’s just too crazy to predict. In the end, we end up giving up our 3rd, 6th and next years 2nd but add 2nds this year and SF’s 1st. I think the quality of the picks is worth it and also gives us an extra 1st to work with next year if we need to move up for a QB. 

Thoughts?

• Beer 1