• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Delhomme doesn't lead league in int's anymore!!!

Mr ocho nueve

How pathetic is it that Jake Lovers are so desperate as to look for any other QB throwing Pics around the league to justify their argument of Jake being a good QB. ignoring everything else related to this. good grief.

Just like many around here are saying Jake is the worst QB in the NFL when there are others worse than him. Like say.....Quinn, Russell, etc. But then Jake haters are no difference than the lovers. Kettle meet pot.

Give jake credit for what? Throwing a hundred yards per game? Just because he didn't throw any ints doesn't mean he's playing good.

So does Jake throwing INT. make him good then? You're confusing me here. :confused:

Get it through your head. Jake is still a bad qb no matter what cutler does

Then how come Cutler got more INT. now? Especially when he has been a starter for 4 years so far now. He should have that much INT. when he is around Jake's age.

Just like many around here are saying Jake is the worst QB in the NFL when there are others worse than him. Like say.....Quinn, Russell, etc. But then Jake haters are no difference than the lovers. Kettle meet pot.

So does Jake throwing INT. make him good then? You're confusing me here. :confused:

Then how come Cutler got more INT. now? Especially when he has been a starter for 4 years so far now. He should have that much INT. when he is around Jake's age.

So your criteria of a good QB is someone who doesnt throw an INT but doesnt make any plays either? Isnt it sad that Jakes best game is when that happens? The numbers dont lie. Jake has one of the worst QB ratings in the NFl despite having a strong running game, oline, and a top 5 reciever plus a solid group of TE's. Cutler has a shitty line, no receivers, and an average running game. The only thing he has is greg Olsen. Put cutler in this offense and he would have far more success.

We aren't running the same mix....we are running close to the same number. What occured against AZ and NO isn't John Fox football that he has had success with. His conservative run, run, run offense ONLY works when you add in the deep play action balls. That has been taken out now.....taken out b/c everyone knows it is too big of a risk w/ Jake.

Run, run, safe throw, run, safe throw, run, run...is not John Fox football. Fox may be conservative but w/o going downfield it just isn't going to work.

Funny that Jake threw 6 deep balls against New Orleans and another 2-20 yarders. Most of them looked on target too. Smitty gave up on one, caught one, and one was defended while Jarrett dropped one in his hands and couldn't catch up to the other. Barnidge didn't catch a deep one on the last drive but he did catch one for 16 and Moore caught one for 18 yards.

How many were you expecting??

So your criteria of a good QB is someone who doesnt throw an INT but doesnt make any plays either? Isnt it sad that Jakes best game is when that happens? The numbers dont lie. Jake has one of the worst QB ratings in the NFl despite having a strong running game, oline, and a top 5 reciever plus a solid group of TE's. Cutler has a shitty line, no receivers, and an average running game. The only thing he has is greg Olsen. Put cutler in this offense and he would have far more success.

Again you crap on Jake and exaggerate everything else. We do have a good running game but our O-line can run block but are pretty poor in pass protection this year. Plus Smitty is not a top 5 receiver this year and he shares the blame as well. He isn't doing what he normally does either which is as much his fault as Jake's. We have no other receivers and our tight ends are no better than Olsen.

Cutler has as many receivers as we do. Hester has better numbers than Smith and Bennett has better numbers than Moose. Knox is better than Moore or Jarrett and Olsen is better than Rosario or Barnidge.

Cutler would be no better in this offense and would be totally unhappy that we run as much as we do. Cutlers passing rating of 76 is only as high as it is because they throw in the redzone instead of running as we do. He is not a great quarterback and his numbers have never been that great.

Again you crap on Jake and exaggerate everything else. We do have a good running game but our O-line can run block but are pretty poor in pass protection this year. Plus Smitty is not a top 5 receiver this year and he shares the blame as well. He isn't doing what he normally does either which is as much his fault as Jake's. We have no other receivers and our tight ends are no better than Olsen.

Cutler has as many receivers as we do. Hester has better numbers than Smith and Bennett has better numbers than Moose. Knox is better than Moore or Jarrett and Olsen is better than Rosario or Barnidge.

Cutler would be no better in this offense and would be totally unhappy that we run as much as we do. Cutlers passing rating of 76 is only as high as it is because they throw in the redzone instead of running as we do. He is not a great quarterback and his numbers have never been that great.

You said yourself just a few weeks ago that Jake should be benched. What changed your mind? Just because he didnt throw an INT? I just dont understand how you willingly accept mediocrity. Your happy that Fox goes 7-9 every year and your happy that Jake is currently the 29th best QB in the league right now just because he didnt throw an INT in the last two games but still made no real plays. I just dont get it. And you call me a troll for wanting the panthers to be successful?:smilielol5:

There was no exagerating. Panthers oline >>>>> bears oline! panthers running backs>>>>>>bears running backs. Steve Smith>>>>>>> any bears receiver. In case you didnt notice Steve Smith is being double and triple teamed every game while Hester is seeing more one on one coverages. I would hope that his numbers probably would be better. That is no fault of Smiths that we have no other receivers and most importantly that we have no quarterback to get him the ball. Cutler was a pro bowl QB when he had a good line and a good receive when he was in Denver. Chicago has none of that. Put him in this offense and he would definitely be more successful. I dont think he's great by any means. He's just better than Jake which of coarse isnt saying much.

You said yourself just a few weeks ago that Jake should be benched. What changed your mind? Just because he didnt throw an INT? I just dont understand how you willingly accept mediocrity. Your happy that Fox goes 7-9 every year, your happy that Jake is the 29th best QB in the league right now just because he didnt throw an INT in the last two games but still made no real plays. I just dont get it. And you call me a troll for wanting the panthers to be successful?:smilielol5:

There was no exagerating. Panthers oline >>>>> bears oline! panthers running backs>>>>>>bears running backs. Steve Smith>>>>>>> any bears receiver. In case you didnt notice Steve Smith is being double and triple teamed every game while Hester is seeing more one on one coverages. I would hope that his numbers probably would be better. That is no fault of Smiths that we have no other receivers and most importantly that we have no quarterback to get him the ball. Cutler was a pro bowl QB when he had a good line and a good receive when he was in Denver. Chicago has none of that. Put him in this offense and he would definitely be more successful. I dont think he's great by any means. He's just better than Jake which of coarse isnt saying much.

I would still be fine with Moore playing instead of Jake. As for benching him right now it is less clear than before. You have to look at things each week and reevaluate. Based on his improved play the last 2 weeks he might be able to recover. On the other hand Moore might be able to play as well with the pared down offense we are running right now. After all the last time Moore looked good was in a pared down offense like we are running right now.

Smith is not himself for whatever reason and the reality is Hester is having a better year. Frankly I don't watch enough of their games to be able to tell you much.

As for the Olines of Chicago and Carolina, I think we likely run block better but as for pass blocking, neither seems very solid. And don't use the pro-bowl moniker for Cutler when he was in Denver without expecting to hear that Jake was a probowler in 2005 as well. Bottom line is that was yesterday, today is today. Look at Cutlers stats in Denver and you will see he wasn't that good there either.

As for Cutler being better than Jake, who is arguing that. I keep hearing this bantered back and forth but who exactly is saying Jake is playing better than anyone this year let alone Cutler. I certainly am not.

I would still be fine with Moore playing instead of Jake. As for benching him right now it is less clear than before. You have to look at things each week and reevaluate. Based on his improved play the last 2 weeks he might be able to recover. On the other hand Moore might be able to play as well with the pared down offense we are running right now. After all the last time Moore looked good was in a pared down offense like we are running right now.

Smith is not himself for whatever reason and the reality is Hester is having a better year. Frankly I don't watch enough of their games to be able to tell you much.

As for the Olines of Chicago and Carolina, I think we likely run block better but as for pass blocking, neither seems very solid. And don't use the pro-bowl moniker for Cutler when he was in Denver without expecting to hear that Jake was a probowler in 2005 as well. Bottom line is that was yesterday, today is today. Look at Cutlers stats in Denver and you will see he wasn't that good there either.

As for Cutler being better than Jake, who is arguing that. I keep hearing this bantered back and forth but who exactly is saying Jake is playing better than anyone this year let alone Cutler. I certainly am not.

Jake was a pro bowler 4-5 years ago when he was still in his prime. Cutler was a pro bowler just a year ago and is well in his prime. If you dont think Cutler would do better with our oline, running backs, and Steve Smith then you just dont have a clue. Yes, Hester is having a better year for the reasons already documented. Yes Smith is having a down year....for the reasons already documented. That still doesnt change the fact that Smith is a better receiver. Do you love Jake that much that you are actually willing to disagree with that? WOW!

Jake was a pro bowler 4-5 years ago when he was still in his prime. Cutler was a pro bowler just a year ago and is well in his prime. If you dont think Cutler would do better with our oline, running backs, and Steve Smith then you just dont have a clue. Yes, Hester is having a better year for the reasons already documented. Yes Smith is having a down year....for the reasons already documented. That still doesnt change the fact that Smith is a better receiver. Do you love Jake that much that you are actually willing to disagree with that? WOW!

2005 or 2008 it is still ancient history in the world of football. And Cutler's stats aren't that good. He has a career passer rating of 84 and only 14 more TDs versus INTs. Hardly that great.

And Hester is having a better year because he is playing better. It isn't hard to figure out. Smith may be better in his career but not right now. Again we are talking this year not some other period of time.

2005 or 2008 it is still ancient history in the world of football. And Cutler's stats aren't that good. He has a career passer rating of 84 and only 14 more TDs versus INTs. Hardly that great.

And Hester is having a better year because he is playing better. It isn't hard to figure out. Smith may be better in his career but not right now. Again we are talking this year not some other period of time.

Hester is playing better because he is getting one on one coverage. You think Smith wouldnt be putting up better numbers if he had the same luxury? Seriously, even you know thats BS.

Once again, I never said Cutler was great. He's just better than Jake.

Hester is playing better because he is getting one on one coverage. You think Smith wouldnt be putting up better numbers if he had the same luxury? Seriously, even you know thats BS.

Once again, I never said Cutler was great. He's just better than Jake.

I don't think Smith is getting more double coverage than he got last year. and his number of targets is actually up and his number of catches through 8 games are actually one more. The difference seems much fewer yards after the catch, and a shorter passing scheme which doesn't get him loose in the secondary as much. He also doesn't seem to be plaiyng with as much effort. As I have said before I have really not seen many games by Hester so I can't comment on the one on one coverage. I just see that he is catching 65% of the passes thrown his way and Smitty is catching less than 50%. THe problem with blaming it all on Jake's inaccuracy is that he is completing 58% of his passes which is very similar to last year.

Other guys seem to be catching a much higher percentage of the ball thrown their way versus Smitty. He just doesn't seem to be himself this year either.

I don't think Smith is getting more double coverage than he got last year. and his number of targets is actually up and his number of catches through 8 games are actually one more. The difference seems much fewer yards after the catch, and a shorter passing scheme which doesn't get him loose in the secondary as much. He also doesn't seem to be plaiyng with as much effort. As I have said before I have really not seen many games by Hester so I can't comment on the one on one coverage. I just see that he is catching 65% of the passes thrown his way and Smitty is catching less than 50%. THe problem with blaming it all on Jake's inaccuracy is that he is completing 58% of his passes which is very similar to last year.

Other guys seem to be catching a much higher percentage of the ball thrown their way versus Smitty. He just doesn't seem to be himself this year either.

You're relying on stats too much. Try asking some Bears fans on how Hester is playing. I don't know either...but I can still almost guarantee Smith is still playing better than Hester.

You're relying on stats too much. Try asking some Bears fans on how Hester is playing. I don't know either...but I can still almost guarantee Smith is still playing better than Hester.

Im curious as to what information you are using to come to that conclusion.

When I look at the stats I see That Devin Hester is catching 65% of the balls thrown his way. Hester has had 73 passes thrown his way Steve Smith has had 74 thrown his way. Hester has caught 48 of those Smitty has only caught 34.

At this point the problem I see with Smitty is that he seems out of sync. You see him cut out where he would usually cut in. you see him give up on routes because he cant find the ball. Something clearly is a little off with Smitty. If just a few of those catchable passes hes missed had been caught his numbers (and Jakes and likely the teams record) would be different right now.

Archived