• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Good Article on Sam Darnold

ladypanther

It AMAZES me how quickly YOU GUYS FORGET -- Darnold was Plan D, hell maybe even Plan F. 

*We backed ourselves into a corner saying we needed an upgrade at QB (all the Teddy Slander)

*Tried to trade Teddy for Stafford

*Tried to trade for Watson (prior to allegations)

*SF traded up to #3 taking a 3rd QB off the board before we select

Don't buy into the social media videos, and the love shown towards the acquisition, Darnold is ''draft insurance'' does he have potential sure, but are you ready to hitch almost 20M to that for his 5th year option? We could draft a QB as talented or more so (Fields / Lance with + athleticism and passing ability) and have him on a rookie deal for the next several 4 years, with the 5th year option.

DJ Moore / Brian Burns / Taylor Moton -- are three guys we know will be getting PAID in the next 1-2 seasons, extending Robbie is also an item to address as he's in the final year. 

Do you really want to have 5th year money tied up in Darnold when he's still a HUGE question mark, or have rookie QB money tied up in a top prospect with a chance to build the best possible team around him while at a rookie's pay grade? (Hint - Follow the money)

Not to mention IF Darnold is just above average do you want to be in a position where we've played our way out of a future to pick, only to have to pay an avg to above avg QB franchise money if we get past the 5th year option or we'd be looking at starting over again in just two years searching for a QB, and we'd be at about the mid-way point for Rhule's contract.

I'm okay with Darnold if a top QB doesn't fall, I will lose some faith if we pass on a QB at #8. We have ammunition to trade back at the top of 2, and 3 to add more picks this year where the talent drop off between prospects is less severe. 

*I could see us trading up

*I could see us staying put

*I could also see us trading back

This all depends on how it goes Thursday night, that flexibility is why we traded for Darnold, if the board falls our way he's 4M on the books if we keep him to start in 21', we trade TB to a QB needy team (potentially DEN), and we have our guy who can take time developing. 

Edited by SetfreexX