• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

First Round Pick Grade

kungfoodude

#8 pick  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Number 8 overall pick grade

8 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I am not a big Jones fan but that is a good point. If either he and/or Fields establish themselves as an upper tier NFL starter, it will be tough on the staff.

If Zod was right about Tepper wanting Fields.....I can see a scenario where he begins to be more aggressively involved if Fields ends up being a big star. That could be a disaster for us.

Exactly.

It would be one thing if let's say Tepper liked Slater and the coaches were all in on Horn.  Then it's like alright, both could end up being all-pros, totally cool.

However, not wanting the same guy and the owner wants a QB in particular--that is the coach and GM going out on a huge limb for Darnold and not selecting a potential franchise changer.  Sure, ownership shouldn't be involved in these decisions, but they should all be on board together come the draft being part of the same process together.  

If Fields or Mac experiences upper tier success, then oh man.  This doesn't mean Tepper has a eye for NFL talent, but it's the situation that's been created and now Ruhle and Fit have both made a pretty weighted decision year 2/1 respectively.  If Zod is right, then this scenario has been willingly created by the GM & coach.

And I live in Chicago so now have to watch Fields close up ha.

Rhule and Fitterer said they got offers for the pick but the compensation wasn't good enough.  We know Dallas wanted him or Surtain but apparently they were trying to screw us with compensation.

The statement he wasn't top 10 material is a joke.  Rhule and Fitterer had him rate at the top or near the top of our board. 

His abilities fit our defensive scheme.  He's big and can cover.  WE get him for 5 years, at minimum, and is going to be a shutdown corner for us.  How you can evaluate that any less than an A boggles my mind.

I would have given us a B if we drafted Fields because we already have a QB on the roster and we had other needs that we could have addressed (which we did).