• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Burns going to have a breakout year.

Zod

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Douglas actually played well. So did Elder, actually. Even Jackson played well when he was somewhat healthy. The only guy that was consistently bad was the rookie. 

We didn't have a single corner that could play press coverage. That puts the defense in a very awkward position. 

• Beer 1

4 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I know people are down on this pick but I’m trying to look at it through the staffs eyes and what they’re trying to do. Horn thrives in press and physicality so looks like we’re trying to go away from soft zone coverages which will help the dline obviously. Also they are apparently huge on RAS scores. Chinn had a 10.00, Horn a 9.99. Look what they did with Chinn. I’m hopefully that we’ll look back and say this was a justified top ten pick. Although if fields becomes a franchise qb and darnold sucks (I’m expecting mediocre) or we don’t address qb in a meaningful way then yeah it was a bad pick not because of Horn but positional value.

I also just generally don't have high expectations for rookie CB's. Not many of these guys start out as elite NFL CB's. There is usually a little bit of a learning curve.

3 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I also just generally don't have high expectations for rookie CB's. Not many of these guys start out as elite NFL CB's. There is usually a little bit of a learning curve.

And that’s ok. I’m not expecting us to be playoff bound this year. I’m trying to look at big picture down the road.

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

And that’s ok. I’m not expecting us to be playoff bound this year. I’m trying to look at big picture down the road.

Yeah, I was firmly against the pick(mainly due to passing on others) but I don't dislike Horn as a prospect. I do think the bust risk is a little high but I am not gonna judge him too harshly until about year 3. If he hasn't started to shine by then, I will have some harsh criticisms.

• Pie 1