• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Offensive Line Grades from PFF

Zod

1 hour ago, AU-panther said:

I enjoy helping people understand how things work.

Most arguments about PFF are wrong, or at the very least incomplete, and if people took time to actually understand how they work they would realize that. 

Instead they just try to act like one of the cool kids and just baselessly bash them, although they have yet ever presented a better alternative.

What part is wrong or incomplete about what I've said? The contrary is true -- people worship PFF grades like the gospel without understanding what they mean or how they are reached. 

• Pie 1

8 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

What part is wrong or incomplete about what I've said? The contrary is true -- people worship PFF grades like the gospel without understanding what they mean or how they are reached. 

What did you say that I said was wrong?  I asked you to name a better source for comparing players across the league?  Have you done that? No

but you correct to a degree about one thing

Just as there are people who think PFF is trash because they don't understand it there are some that blindly follow PFF who also don't understand it and therefore come to the wrong conclusion based off of what PFF presents.

57 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

What did you say that I said was wrong?  I asked you to name a better source for comparing players across the league?  Have you done that? No

but you correct to a degree about one thing

Just as there are people who think PFF is trash because they don't understand it there are some that blindly follow PFF who also don't understand it and therefore come to the wrong conclusion based off of what PFF presents.

How is that "wrong?" There doesn't have to be something "better" for PFF grades to simply be a bad evaluation tool. So, please, tell me what I haven't "taken the time to understand" about PFF -- in your words. 

• Pie 1