• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL Week 2: Initial injury report for Saints vs. Panthers

AsylumGuido

4 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

I'm sure Darnold will give other players a chance at picks.  His career interception to TD ratio (39/46) is far worse than Winston's (88/126).

Td/int ratio is meaningless for this sort of comparison, since so much of TDs relates to schemes, etc.

Winston is one of the few players with a higher interception percent of passes thrown (3.4%) than Darnold (3.1%). But neither were necessarily in the best situations coaching wise.  We will see.

1 minute ago, AsylumGuido said:

33 TD's to be precise, which was 2nd in the league.  And he led the NFL in passing yards.  That said, he also had Bruce Arians and his offense in place and played on a team which we can all agree on gave him little to no support.  He no longer has to put up 45 passes a game to win.  He won't always be playing from behind and forcing passes into questionable holes.  

But, we'll see.  I'll be back after the game.  Like I said, been a member here for over a decade.

But didn’t Brady just go there and win a SB. Looks like it’s a qb problem to me.🤷‍♂️

• Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Just now, mav1234 said:

Td/int ratio is meaningless for this sort of comparison, since so much of TDs relates to schemes, etc.

Winston is one of the few players with a higher interception percent of passes thrown (3.4%) than Darnold (3.1%). But neither were necessarily in the best situations coaching wise.  We will see.

Bingo, my friend!  We will see who has the better coaching I suppose.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

He didn’t say it but I will most of his tds came after they was getting slaughtered. It’s what u call garbage tds!

• Pie 2

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

But didn’t Brady just go there and win a SB. Looks like it’s a qb problem to me.🤷‍♂️

Don't forget they also added, Fournette, Antonio Brown, Gronkowski, and most importantly let Brady eventually run his own offense instead of Arian's "No rick it, no biscuit" approach.  Just sayin'.

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, AsylumGuido said:

Bingo, my friend!  We will see who has the better coaching I suppose.

Hard to argue Peyton's coaching prowess at this point, although I did wonder for a bit if Hill was blackmailing him or some crap based on the fascination with him as QB. I think the Saints also have a better overall roster, but I may be wrong. At least, more experienced.  I still think the game should be competitive and fun to watch.

Just now, AsylumGuido said:

Bingo again!  Which is when most of his picks took place.  He was on a crappy team for almost his entire career.  Just like Darnold.

Winston had very talented offensive skill players around him but it seemed like he was frequently asked to play hero ball, like Darnold.

• Beer 1

Just now, mav1234 said:

Winston had very talented offensive skill players around him but it seemed like he was frequently asked to play hero ball, like Darnold.

Bingo once again!!

Winston has said the single most important thing he learned from sitting and watching Brees was that you take what is available and you play within the scheme.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, mav1234 said:

Hard to argue Peyton's coaching prowess at this point, although I did wonder for a bit if Hill was blackmailing him or some crap based on the fascination with him as QB. I think the Saints also have a better overall roster, but I may be wrong. At least, more experienced.  I still think the game should be competitive and fun to watch.

It is honestly the deepest (Saints) roster I have ever seen top to bottom.  The cuts were tough.  There's vets and lot's of very talented youth.

Edited by AsylumGuido

2 minutes ago, AsylumGuido said:

Bingo once again!!

Winston has said the single most important thing he learned from sitting and watching Brees was that you take what is available and you play within the scheme.

It's interesting this is something that came up here in preseason over and over as a point of emphasis for Darnold, too.  Both Darnold and Winston have a history of poor decision making. Both coaching staffs are trying to put these guys in better situations with less risk of those poor decisions I think.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Ace420 said:

It will happen his ability to intercept. That is mostly what I am worried about. We can beat you if we protect the football.

Interceptions are not Lattimore's forte.  He has ten career picks but his ability to shadow his man is what makes him so great.  A thumb will not interfere with that.

Just now, mav1234 said:

It's interesting this is something that came up here in preseason over and over as a point of emphasis for Darnold, too.  Both Darnold and Winston have a history of poor decision making. Both coaching staffs are trying to put these guys in better situations with less risk of those poor decisions I think.

Where do you think your OC learned that?  😉

• Pie 1

Just now, Ace420 said:

I honestly think that the 2 teams mirror each other very well. Qbs with a bad past trying to resurrect their career, both have good receiving results, both have good defensive lines and good defensive backs.

The only differences are that they have a better oline, but we are in a better salary cap situation and are trending upwards as a rebuilding team while they a trending downwards after losing Brees and nearing a need to rebuild.

This will be a good technical game. All about the Xs and Os. We will see if Rhule has what it takes in the coaching battle against peyton.

It's not only in the in game coaching battle.  It is in preparation.  I believe Payton may have a little league up on that sort of prep on the NFL level.  Maybe, perhaps, kinda.  🙂