• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

7-5 Record Within Panthers Reach

KatsAzz

If the Panthers win against the Dolphins tonight, a 7-5 record is within their reach. "Inside The Panthers" thinks Jake will pick on the Dolphins rookie CB's, but if he does, he may find himself picked off rather than them picked on. The Dolphins have a strong blitz, that will try to take advantage of the Panthers O-line left side shift, so I hope the Panthers run a lot.

After tonight's game, the Panthers are at the Jets (4-5, after a 3-0 start) in week 12, and home against the Buccaneers (2-7) in week 13. If the Panthers win tonight, and those 2 games, then their record jumps to 7-5, and they are back into the wildcard playoff race, with 4 games left.

The really tough part of the schedule is the last 4 games, at the Patriots, home against the Vikings, at the Giants, and home against the Saints. With wins in their next 3 games, the Panthers would probably still have to win 3 of the last 4 games (maybe even sweep) to earn a wildcard playoff spot. While it might be possible to make the playoffs by winning only 1 (8-8) or 2 (9-7) of these games, it's unlikely.

The most likely of these games to be Panthers wins are the Giants (if they don't get things straightened out), followed by the Vikings or Saints. While it's unlikely in the next 3 games, if the Panthers continue to go with a no huddle offense, their defense might tire out in the last 4 games

dolphins, jets and bucs are NOT gimmies... those are going to be tough games.

now, games AT patriots, AT giants and games against the Saints and Minnesotta...damn near impossible.

7-5 within reach.......ok, i shouldn't say 7-5 is not within reach because my team is hurting and tonight might be the beginning of the end for this season for my fins. i'm just letting you know though......miami, new york jets and tampa bay bucs are NOT gimmies....those are going to be tough games.

dolphins, jets and bucs are NOT gimmies... those are going to be tough games.

now, games AT patriots, AT giants and games against the Saints and Minnesotta...damn near impossible.

no, the next 3 games are not gimmies at all. but they are very winnable games.

and those last 4 games are near impossible?

at NE- very very tough game, i dont see carolina winning.

at NYG- tough game, but also winnable. the giants are not playing good football right now.

vs Minn- tough game, but who have they really beaten? i think the vikings are good. but they have had close games against not so good teams. playing them at home should benefit us. its a winnable game

vs Saints- tough game, wasnt this game VERY close IN New Orleans? the saints defense really seems to be hurting with the loss of ellis. not to mention, the saints could have home field advantage already locked up. especially if Carolina beat Minnesota. So N.O. may be sitting players in the second half. so again, its a winnable game.

Archived