• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

30 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Charlotte is going to remain a small club if their idea of improving the team is signing a player like Swiderski as their DP.

Toronto’s new DPs are what your DPs are supposed to be. Gamer changers 

18 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Was thinking the exact same thing so I decide to start going through rosters and I can pick out elite players on nearly every team except ours.

Don't we have the highest payroll too? We need more guys like vargas and to actually play them

10 minutes ago, toldozer said:

Don't we have the highest payroll too? We need more guys like vargas and to actually play them

No idea what our payroll is but I agree, I know it’s the nature of soccer that the guys that make all the money get all the field time but they are also divas and Karol’s on-field antics suggest he has that same mentality. I want to see more of our young players who actually look threatening.

Additionally I don’t know how much longer we can go without a number 10… after seeing Bernardeschi destroy us yesterday, I have no idea why we weren’t in on him… after all, Toronto got him in a free transfer so all they are paying is his wages.

On 7/24/2022 at 5:18 PM, MillionDollarCam said:

No idea what our payroll is but I agree, I know it’s the nature of soccer that the guys that make all the money get all the field time but they are also divas and Karol’s on-field antics suggest he has that same mentality. I want to see more of our young players who actually look threatening.

Additionally I don’t know how much longer we can go without a number 10… after seeing Bernardeschi destroy us yesterday, I have no idea why we weren’t in on him… after all, Toronto got him in a free transfer so all they are paying is his wages.

Wasn’t Bernadeschi playing as a winger though? We do need a 10. I think that’s why they tried Jozwiak there. Honestly they should just give Hegardt some starts there if they’re not gonna bring anyone in

42 minutes ago, MtnJax said:

Wasn’t Bernadeschi playing as a winger though? We do need a 10. I think that’s why they tried Jozwiak there. Honestly they should just give Hegardt some starts there if they’re not gonna bring anyone in

He was and he is primarily a winger but he does have a decent amount of experience as an attacking midfielder. I guess my thought process is that we need a player of his caliber controlling our midfield.

Bender, McNeill, and Alcivar are still young, Ruiz is a nice compliment in the midfield but he doesn’t look like a player that will truly control the midfield, and then obviously Bronico and occasionally Jones hold down the CDM position.

I still think we are a solid left back, elite attacking midfielder, and elite winger away from being able to compete for a Supporters Shield or MLS Cup.

It’s wild that we aren’t involved in any potential transfers at the moment with just over a week left in the window.

I’m also with you regarding Hegardt, the match slips my mind but he came in as a substitute a while back and was a complete game changer every time he touched the ball. He nearly found McNeill for a goal.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Almost showtime…

New Starting XI

GK - Kahlina

RB - Afful

RCB - Corujo

LCB - Walkes

LB - Mora

CDM - Bronico

RCM - McNeill

LCM - Bender

RW - Gaines

ST - Swiderski

LW - Reyna

Subs - Marks, Lindsey, Sobocinski, Makoun, Jones, Alcivar, Jozwiak, Shinyashiki, Rios

Not Included - Sisniega, Ruiz, Vargas

Injured - Armour, Mello

Suspended - Fuchs

Loaned - Zendejas (Charlotte Independence), Santos (Charlotte Independence), Franco (Talleres), Hegardt (Charlotte Independence)

Released - Ortiz