• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Canes in MSG: Puck Drop 7PM

Anybodyhome

Rangers got some of the best broadcast guys in the business. They could not stop giving props to the Canes. First broadcast team I've heard talk about how great the Canes are. In order:

1. Gave Pyotr a ton of props all game long. It was a consistent slurp fest.

2. Talked about how great of a prospect Jarvis is.

3. Stated over and over again how Slavin was the best defensemen in the League. 

4. Even when the Rangers scored their second goal off of Fast, they didn't seem to give the Rangers props. Talked more about how it was off of Fast, but the Rangers player still deserved the goal.

5. talked about how dangerous the Canes were all night. 

2 hours ago, NCTHFL0567 said:

Rangers got some of the best broadcast guys in the business. They could not stop giving props to the Canes. First broadcast team I've heard talk about how great the Canes are. In order:

1. Gave Pyotr a ton of props all game long. It was a consistent slurp fest.

2. Talked about how great of a prospect Jarvis is.

3. Stated over and over again how Slavin was the best defensemen in the League. 

4. Even when the Rangers scored their second goal off of Fast, they didn't seem to give the Rangers props. Talked more about how it was off of Fast, but the Rangers player still deserved the goal.

5. talked about how dangerous the Canes were all night. 

Also, one of the first things they said after the conclusion of the game was, "Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes for winning the Metro Division." It was also said with a true congratulatory tone. You wouldn't often hear that from an opposing team's broadcasters, especially when that opposing team was the one fighting to also win that same division.

• Beer 1

49 minutes ago, Bama Panther said:

Also, one of the first things they said after the conclusion of the game was, "Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes for winning the Metro Division." It was also said with a true congratulatory tone. You wouldn't often hear that from an opposing team's broadcasters, especially when that opposing team was the one fighting to also win that same division.

It was wild man. I kept texting my buddies the direct quotes and they were stunned. 

Even on NBCSN last year none of those announcers gave the Canes any props. 

• Pie 1