• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Boston vs Canes Game 3 Friday 7pm

18 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

I don’t know what was going on with the ice last night either. Everyone was slipping and sliding, the puck was bouncing like crazy. We didn’t have the speed we had in Carolina until the end of the game. I’m guessing boston turned it up a degree or so to fug with us. 

Just a weird night, even the ice crew took down a linesman at some point when they were on to patch it. 

I'd like to blame it on the ice...but Boston played on the same ice. Although I do agree there were a ton weird bounces... Canes just looked a step behind. Their top line had space they didn't have in PNC. Can't give the rat and his cohorts room to work. 

• Beer 1

13 minutes ago, panthers81 said:

I'd like to blame it on the ice...but Boston played on the same ice. Although I do agree there were a ton weird bounces... Canes just looked a step behind. Their top line had space they didn't have in PNC. Can't give the rat and his cohorts room to work. 

Agreed 100% on this. Carolina just didn't have it after the first period. 

We literally helped their stars into playing well. The sad thing is, our awful PP as it's been for the better part of the 2nd half of the year showed up in a bad way. It was to the point, where I thought we would be better off rejecting penalties. Reminded me a lot of the Canes PP back in 2019 when we got swept by Boston. Not a good sighting.  

25 minutes ago, panthers81 said:

Boston was also falling down like crazy. Just not to the extent we we’re. 

Edited by Harbingers

3 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Boston was also falling down like crazy. Just not to the extent we we’re. 

Don't like using another teams ice as an excuse, when it didn't seem to hinder Boston. 

In the end, after the first period being absolutely horrific on the PP doomed Carolina. 

3 hours ago, panthers81 said:

You do know that you answered the question in your own statement? We can control the matchups at PNC.

• Beer 1