• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Official Canes Off-season Thread

The only thing I’m curious about is if Marchment was plan A and Paccioretty was plan B or if the Canes were in on both the whole time and they planned on moving Necas out for picks if they got Marchment.

Not going to lie, the below lineup with have been fire.

Svech - Aho - Jarvis

Paccioretty - Kotkaniemi - Teravainen

Marchment - Staal - Fast

Marty - Drury - Kase

Noesen

• Pie 1

41 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Washington got Dylan Strome from the Blackhawks @ $3.5M for 1 year.

I had him on my wish list. Can play center or LW and had 48 points as the center of Chicago's #2 line last season. Washington's 1-year, $3.5M means Carolina could have had him for 2 years at $6M.

I also wanted Strome… thought he could have been insurance if KK flamed out as the 2C.

• Pie 1

21 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Quite possible, his name popped up on the NHL.com arbitration list. 

Are we talking about Max LaJoie or Max Pacioretty? I was speaking of "Mad Max" Patches.

LaJoie I could see wanting arbitration because he needs to make some money and, unless the Canes let him go somewhere else, he likely won't see NHL ice for some time. If the Canes were to offer him up to another team, at least he may get a shot on the big ice.

37 minutes ago, Anybodyhome said:

Are we talking about Max LaJoie or Max Pacioretty? I was speaking of "Mad Max" Patches.

LaJoie I could see wanting arbitration because he needs to make some money and, unless the Canes let him go somewhere else, he likely won't see NHL ice for some time. If the Canes were to offer him up to another team, at least he may get a shot on the big ice.

Sorry I forgot we had two Max’s now. LaJoie is the one I was referring to.