• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina Huddle Rhule Approval Rating

kungfoodude

Rhule Approval  

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you currently approve of the job Matt Rhule is doing?

3 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Rhule is much better suited to coach at the college level. His personality, coaching techniques and "king of everything" persona work much better at that level.

Some guys are just better suited to work with college age kids than professionals.

After two years in the NFL, that would be my conclusion, too.  I'm not sure his persona works at a place like Alabama, OSU, or any of the juggernaut-type programs, either.

His big problem here was 2021.  He managed to get 5 wins out of a team everybody thought was a few pieces and a bunch of scrubs in 2020.  Even in losses, they were at least competitive most of the time.  Last year, not much.  Too often they looked horribly overmatched and lost.  On paper, the team was a little better but the outcome was worse.  To me, that is coaching.

There is no disgrace in being a college coach.  There is no disgrace in being a college coach trying his hand in the NFL and failing.  We've run down that list many times and it is a rather impressive list of college coaches.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and I hope he does.  But after the cratering last year, I don't have much hope.  He just looked like he had no clue at all.

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, Sgt Schultz said:

After two years in the NFL, that would be my conclusion, too.  I'm not sure his persona works at a place like Alabama, OSU, or any of the juggernaut-type programs, either.

His big problem here was 2021.  He managed to get 5 wins out of a team everybody thought was a few pieces and a bunch of scrubs in 2020.  Even in losses, they were at least competitive most of the time.  Last year, not much.  Too often they looked horribly overmatched and lost.  On paper, the team was a little better but the outcome was worse.  To me, that is coaching.

There is no disgrace in being a college coach.  There is no disgrace in being a college coach trying his hand in the NFL and failing.  We've run down that list many times and it is a rather impressive list of college coaches.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, and I hope he does.  But after the cratering last year, I don't have much hope.  He just looked like he had no clue at all.

Hell, Nick Saban was technically a failed NFL coach and look at him now. So was Pete Carroll at one point.