• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Vince Young...

KillerKat

He needs a new thread because KT has absolutely ruined the discussion in the other thread.

Vince looked like sh*t before the season began and now in the first time in his career he's showing he can play. Let's hope he doesn't pull a Derek Anderson and is crap after this year again.

He needs a new thread because KT has absolutely ruined the discussion in the other thread.

Vince looked like sh*t before the season began and now in the first time in his career he's showing he can play. Let's hope he doesn't pull a Derek Anderson and is crap after this year again.

KT doesn't have enough pure football smarts to get it. The main issues being that he equates dislike of Michael Vick with dislike of black QBs (I don't want The Golden Calf of Bristol; guess that means I must hate white QBs). That and if you criticize a black QB in any way, regardless of whether it's deserved or not, he automatically cries racism (generally because it's all he's got; in a debate based on facts he can't keep up).

As to Young, last year he pulled a stunt worthy of Kerry Collins or Ryan Leaf, sulking because he was benched and going so far off track that people were worried he was going to kill himself, and over a benching of all things.

This year, he's done better. A couple of contributing factors have been the play of Chris Johnson and the Titans coaches taking the same approach with Young that the Bears had taken with Jay Cutler. That being they started him off primarily concentrating on safe, high-percentage passes and then allowed him to gradually work back into his rhythm.

The tactic looked like it would work with Cutler early on, but hasn't. With Young though, it looks so far like it has. He is actually getting better, and in the process may just save Jeff Fisher's job.

Is he "Hall of Fame worthy" as has been suggested? Not at this point. Still a long way to go before it can be said he's walking in the same shoes as Steve McNair.

But is he improved? Absolutely.

I am very happy for the Titans, and for VY.

He needed to sit for a couple of years, and didn't get that chance, and I do believe that it hurt him.

He is playing good football right now, and I am proud of him. I think the OC limiting the throws in his first few starts, let him get into a groove, and now is making some more difficult ones.

KT doesn't have enough pure football smarts to get it. The main issues being that he equates dislike of Michael Vick with dislike of black QBs (I don't want The Golden Calf of Bristol; guess that means I must hate white QBs). That and if you criticize a black QB in any way, regardless of whether it's deserved or not, he automatically cries racism (generally because it's all he's got; in a debate based on facts he can't keep up).

As to Young, last year he pulled a stunt worthy of Kerry Collins or Ryan Leaf, sulking because he was benched and going so far off track that people were worried he was going to kill himself, and over a benching of all things.

This year, he's done better. A couple of contributing factors have been the play of Chris Johnson and the Titans coaches taking the same approach with Young that the Bears had taken with Jay Cutler. That being they started him off primarily concentrating on safe, high-percentage passes and then allowed him to gradually work back into his rhythm.

The tactic looked like it would work with Cutler early on, but hasn't. With Young though, it looks so far like it has. He is actually getting better, and in the process may just save Jeff Fisher's job.

Is he "Hall of Fame worthy" as has been suggested? Not at this point. Still a long way to go before it can be said he's walking in the same shoes as Steve McNair.

But is he improved? Absolutely.

Exactly..although I think the Titans should get a new coach. They would still be losing now if the owner didn't put his foot down.

Archived