• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who else feels bad for Jake?

MVP23

....Look, the guy plays..trys hard each and every week. His career as a starter is probably over, and now he has a thumb injury so I doubt even after he comes back will he play. Its sad, and mind boggling how he went from being really good, to really...REALLY bad...He is the best QB we've ever had..and now..its over.

RIP Jake Delhomme Prime..

No, somehow he deluded our coaches into thinking he was Brett Favre and no need to find a replacement behind him.

For that, he has made Millions and Millions of dollars. Time to move on.

and Steve Buerline was the best QB we ever had, Kerry Collins was most talented. Jake was a fluke, shortcomings covered up by the fact he has a strong running game, Smith and Moose(especially Smith) to bail him out. It took teams years to figure out that you beat Jake by forcing him to pass more than 30 times a game. Do that and high chance of victory.

I think in general it is sad to see Jake's reign as the starter go however I don't really feel sorry for him. He gets to play a game for living, a damn good living at that. He's had plenty of opportunities to redeem himself and lead the team like he used to, but he just can't anymore. His benching has been a few weeks over due.

....Look, the guy plays..trys hard each and every week. His career as a starter is probably over, and now he has a thumb injury so I doubt even after he comes back will he play. Its sad, and mind boggling how he went from being really good, to really...REALLY bad...He is the best QB we've ever had..and now..its over.

RIP Jake Delhomme Prime..

I know where you are coming from but Jake has lived his dream of being a top level nfl QB, been to the SB, has a winning record over several years, and is set up for life. He has more guaranteed money coming to him than most of us will make in our life time. He'll be okay!

...I was a little kid when Steve Buerline was here...but how many SBs did he take us to?..How many SBs did Kerry Collins take us to? Jake took a team 2 years removed from 1-5, and came a John Kasey kickoff away from going to OT in the SB...plus he had good years after that. 7 good years (minus a few injuries) was all a fluke?

...I was a little kid when Steve Buerline was here...but how many SBs did he take us to?..How many SBs did Kerry Collins take us to? Jake took a team 2 years removed from 1-5, and came a John Kasey kickoff away from going to OT in the SB...plus he had good years after that. 7 good years (minus a few injuries) was all a fluke?

A lot went right that year it wasn't just Jake.

he's a nice guy and you don't want bad things to happen to him but i think he'll be ok. it's not like he has nothing else to do after his career here is over.

dudes going to still be rich and making a lot of money long after he's gone from charlotte.

plus he'll still have more money and opportunities than i ever had. not feeling sorry for him. i'd gladly go through what he's going through right now if the payoff was the same.

Kris Jenkins

Dan Morgan

B. Buckner

Julius Peppers

Mike Rucker

Al Wallace

Will Witherspoon

Deon Grant

Mike Minter

Steve Smith

Muhsin Muhammad

Stephen Davis

Deshaun Foster

Todd Sauerbrun

Monster O-line

Kris Jenkins

Dan Morgan

B. Buckner

Julius Peppers

Mike Rucker

Al Wallace

Will Witherspoon

Deon Grant

Mike Minter

Steve Smith

Muhsin Muhammad

Stephen Davis

Deshaun Foster

Todd Sauerbrun

Monster O-line

And I bet 5 bucks if Rodney Pete is the QB that year we go 8-8...and why is Todd Sauerbrun included there on your list? lol

And I bet 5 bucks if Rodney Pete is the QB that year we go 8-8...and why is Todd Sauerbrun included there on your list? lol

Well that's because Rodney Peete sucked. Delhomme was in his prime when he was still good. His style of play was what we needed. Todd was the best punter in the league in 2003.

Archived