• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All 22 Breakdown Wk 4: Off vs Arizona Def

ChuckWag78

Honestly worst thing baker did in that game was sail some easy passes. Some plays looked like miscommunication with him and the receiver. Or the receiver not taking an angle on a route that he should have. (He called it playing like a robot instead of a football player). 

watching this Thursday night game it seems a lot offenses are playing like trash this year. No surprise the ones playing the best offense are the most successful right now. And there’s only a few. 

8 minutes ago, dynomite said:

Honestly worst thing baker did in that game was sail some easy passes. Some plays looked like miscommunication with him and the receiver. Or the receiver not taking an angle on a route that he should have. (He called it playing like a robot instead of a football player). 

watching this Thursday night game it seems a lot offenses are playing like trash this year. No surprise the ones playing the best offense are the most successful right now. And there’s only a few. 

Discounting deflections and drops Mayfield is 80% accuracy against Cardinals. 5 true misses include the passes you mention, so it wasn't as bad as I thought watching live.  

If you had told me last year Mayfield goes to Panthers and plays bad, I'd have believed it, because Rhule and because who knows what Mayfield shows up post injury.

I don't know if I would also have believed both Matt Ryan and Russel Wilson would look worse on (what were)  better teams. 

Jacoby Brissett is the only QB on a new squad playing much better than I'd thought, and I think he's coming back to earth, and benefited from an easy schedule. 

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

And defensive film study 

Definitely. 

One dropped INT and one voided because of that terrible PI, and Brissett's game against the Panthers looks way worse, and Carolina definitely wins that one.

That's the only hope against Jimmy G this weekend and the niners: making 9ers pay with turnover worthy plays. 

My take away was that Baker played  better than my impression watching the game live.  Which just means he wasn't horrible, there was competent enough QB play to give the Panthers a chance.   CMC single handedly kept the game close.  Moton was awful, he's clearly having issues.  Ekwonu is inconsistent.  Thomas can't be left 1 on 1 on a DE, bad things happen.  The line often looked like it just wasn't in sync.  Nobody was really to blame by themselves, but everyone was partly to blame.  The only player to really elevate the offense was CMC.