• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PFT ARTICLE: The Panthers slide squarely into tank mode

WarPanthers89

Yea I kinda dont think we're tanking. 

Unless half the defense lands and stays on IR... 

This Tampa game will tell you all you need to know.

McCaffrey being 75% of the offense last Sunday is starting to make a little more sense now. Ofcouse McAdoo couldnt be that stupid..They were showcasing his talent and current durability to suitors. Hell I recall one play early on he got absolutely drilled by Rapp and I had no doubt Foreman was subbing in. But nope...... we fed him more and he ended up breaking free and stiff arming Rapp the next play. I dont think the Rams even thought we'd be reckless enough to call another run play to our injury prone star rb directly after that collision. I honestly said to myself, somebody is trying to prove a point. 

IF my theory is actually true and that last game was indeed somewhat of a CMC showcase then I expect this week will be totally different. We'll be airing it out alot more with PJ. AND as silly as it may seem, we could still technically suprise a few teams.

Stout D when rested...

Oline starting to look really serviceable...  

WRs: We still have Moore, Shenault, Terrace Marshall, Shi Smith, Higgins, Saunders... enough to get the job done.

RB: Foreman (filled in for Henry last year and did a suprising good job), Chubba (meh), Blackshear (who ironically reminds me of McCaffrey-lite in his movements which makes sense why we stole him from the Panthers North) 

QB: PJ (handcuffed 60 yard version) ... But PJ has shown he can win a game when given a competent play pool.. Eason(need a bigger sample size), Baker and Sam. 

It's still fair to say we're an QB (Go PJ minus the checkdowns), HC (who knows what Wilks can manage) and OC (get him an assistant) away from that #1 pick becoming a top 8-15 pick this season. 

Hell we played the last 2 seasons without McCaffrey and still didnt even sniff #1. 

Summary: It will be harder to maintain that #1 spot then alot of people realize. I'd pump the breaks on that type talk until the bye week. There is still alot of football left. 

Sidenote: McAdoo calls another game like last week then hell yeah we're tanking. 

Edited by ColumbusCounty