• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Quinten Johnston in the 1st, then Max Duggan in the 2nd.

UpstatePantherfan

2 minutes ago, davos said:

You’re living in the early 2010s. See SB last season, the 2 most arguably important players on those teams: Kupp and Chase. Not to mention virtually every top team has elite WR groups. MIA is finally on the upswing with Waddle and Hill leading the way. Minny would simply not be 6-1 without Jefferson. Allen has Diggs and Davis. And umm.. the undefeated Eagles have AJ and Smith rolling and are a big reason Hurts has been able to step it up.

That doesn’t mean we go WR rd 1 but your narrative doesn’t hold water. Elite WRs are what modern offenses are focusing on. 

And I’m sorry but it’s just not a strength for us. TMJ has shown us a nice game. Let’s see what happens.

If all these teams are flourishing because of WR talent, then by definition isn't that talent solid, not elite? I never said you don't need WR production, but your argument actually supports my point, that solid WR production is abundantly available, as witness how many teams are able to acquire it.  You yourself just said that you don't need to go WR round 1. You're basically calling solid elite and pretending that negates my point. 

By the end of the season we'll have a better idea of whether TMJ is just flashing or has real promise. Either way, if he just flashed, finding a replacement as you've already mentioned, doesn't require a high round focus. Fixing QB almost certainly does. Getting an elite pass rusher is incredibly hard to do in later rounds compared to finding receiver talent later. For all the focus on 1st round hyped WR prospects, the production gap between these guys and later drafted round options does not compare to the gap between 1st round QB's and later rounds, or 1st round pass rushers etc.

How many elite WR's are there in this league? Your post seems to imply a lot. I'd say that's hyperbole of the word elite, not an actual undermining of my point.