• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

All aboard the Wilks Wagon

Zod

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

If you have a link I would be happy to read it.  Simply saying it’s true you know doesn’t make it true.  

I'm pretty sure you were in the conversation where it was mentioned, but you choose not to acknowledge it.

And simply saying it's not true, doesn't invalidate it, even though you think it does.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm pretty sure you were in the conversation where it was mentioned, but you choose not to acknowledge it.

And simply saying it's not true, doesn't invalidate it, even though you think it does.

Again link the confirmation for me.  It cant be that hard if it’s been validated.   And a ”conversation” here isn’t validation.  

Edited by mrcompletely11

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Again link the confirmation for me.  It cant be that hard if it’s been validated.  

Rather than search the Huddle, I'll just give you this.

PFT: Wilks, Horton join Flores lawsuit

Wilks alleges that the Cardinals hired him as a “bridge coach” without giving him a meaningful chance to succeed. Wilks points out that he had to operate without a General Manager “during a critical time of the preseason” (Steve Keim had been suspended following a DUI) and Wilks was “stuck with an unready rookie quarterback drafted by [Keim] contrary to Mr. Wilks’ suggestion.” (Wilks says that he wanted to trade up to draft Josh Allen in 2018, not Josh Rosen.)

As I'm pretty sure was mentioned previously, this is part of a lawsuit. That means it would be subject to court testimony under oath, so unless You think Wilks is prepared to perjure himself, it looks kinda true.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Why does it matter if he wanted Allen over Rosen? Allen was selected before the Cardinals at 7 and the Cardinals picked Rosen at 10. Who did Wilks want at 10 over Rosen? Our GM wanted Herbert, but he was picked before us so it doesn’t matter…

From the article...

Wilks says that he wanted to trade up to draft Josh Allen...

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

From the article...

Wilks says that he wanted to trade up to draft Josh Allen...

That’s a little different. Trading up for a player that risky without a decent offensive staff to develop him could have been franchise crippling… Trading away future firsts being off the table for a first year coach is actually smart and responsible.

Just now, ForJimmy said:

That’s a little different. Trading up for a player that risky without a decent offensive staff to develop him could have been franchise crippling… Trading away future firsts being off the table for a first year coach is actually smart and responsible.

Perhaps, but independent of any opinions about Wilks, Steve Keim is a sh-t GM.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Perhaps, but independent of any opinions about Wilks, Steve Keim is a sh-t GM.

Probably, but being mad that a GM wouldn’t let him trade away future first round picks as a rookie HC for a player with Allen’s questionable college resume is dumb. Keim could have been a shitty GM, but that’s just being responsible.

Also apparently McAdoo liked Allen and Mahomes. It would be reassuring to hear it from someone else like his OC or another staff member. It’s easy to say I wanted this QB (who has become a NFL star) after the fact with no data to back it up.

• Pie 1

Just now, ForJimmy said:

Probably, but being mad that a GM wouldn’t let him trade away future first round picks as a rookie HC for a player with Allen’s questionable college resume is dumb. Keim could have been a shitty GM, but that’s just being responsible.

Also apparently McAdoo liked Allen and Mahomes. It would be reassuring to hear it from someone else like his OC or another staff member. It’s easy to say I wanted this QB (who has become a NFL star) after the fact with no data to back it up.

Keim is a shitty GM. Likewise, Bidwill is generally listed among the worst owners in the league.

As to Wilks, it's an element of his lawsuit so it'll be brought up in court. Kinda doubt he'd put himself in that situation without something to back it up.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Keim is a shitty GM. Likewise, Bidwill is generally listed among the worst owners in the league.

As to Wilks, it's an element of his lawsuit so it'll be brought up in court. Kinda doubt he'd put himself in that situation without something to back it up.

It’s borderline impossible to prove or disprove its classic revisionist history 

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It’s borderline impossible to prove or disprove its classic revisionist history 

I don’t think it even matters. You don’t let a rookie HC trade away the farm for a risky player like Allen. It was the right move. If he is setting there at 10 and Wilks is adamant he is the right QB then sure, he could have a bit of a “told you so” moment now.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I’m sure he was, but not letting Wilks in his first year trade away God knows what to move up and select a project QB in the top 10 of the draft was the absolute right call.

• Pie 1