• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Patty Jenkins’ ‘Wonder Woman 3’ Not Moving Forward as DC Movies Hit Turning Point

jayboogieman

A cleaning of the slate is common when a new executive team is put in place to run a studio or division but there is likely little precedent for the amount of Clorox James Gunn and Peter Safran could spray as they prepare to launch DC Studios and guide superhero movies for the next half decade and beyond.

Multiple sources tell The Hollywood Reporter that Patty Jenkins Wonder Woman 3 is not moving forward and is considered dead in its current incarnation.

Sources say that Jenkins recently submitted her treatment, co-written with Geoff Johns, and that Gunn and Safran, as well as Warner Bros. Pictures co-chairs and co-CEOs Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy, broke the news to the filmmaker, telling her the project — as it stood — did not fit in with the new (but still unfolding) plans. Jenkins directed and co-wrote the previous two movies, starring Gal Gadot and released in 2017 and 2020. No decision has been made about next steps.

Article

It is unclear how any future Wonder Woman movie, and Gadot’s portrayal of the hero, would fit into the new DC plan. In a bit of head-scratching timing, Gadot tweeted out of the blue a thank you to fans Tuesday, saying she was grateful to be allowed to play the heroine and role model, adding, “Can’t wait to share her next chapter with you.” It was unclear whether or not the actress knew the project was being toe-tagged.

Edited by jayboogieman

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Khyber53 said:

In all honesty, the drop off between the first film and the second film was astounding. The first one was great, probably the best DC film to date. The second one was more interested in being a cutesy '80s nostalgia piece than a good movie.

I agree about the first one. I've only ever watched about 30 minutes of the second. What I saw of it was just bad.

• Pie 2

10 minutes ago, KatsAzz said:

Thanks for the heads up. It saved me from wasting my time watching it and not liking it.

Like a lot of things these days, it seemed they bought into their own hype.

Edit:

For example, I didn't like the child WW in the first one and thought that was the weakest part of that movie. They doubled down on it in the sequel.

Edited by jayboogieman
  • Pie 1

16 hours ago, jayboogieman said:

Like a lot of things these days, it seemed they bought into their own hype.

Edit:

For example, I didn't like the child WW in the first one and thought that was the weakest part of that movie. They doubled down on it in the sequel.

If they doubled down on that, I know I would not have like it.

• Pie 1