• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Reason for optimism?

BrianS

There is a new report out that the Panthers / Harbaugh conversations were actually heavily driven from the Harbaugh side - and the Panthers decided to look elsewhere.  Full info here:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/report-1-nfl-team-turned-down-jim-harbaugh-after-speaking/ar-AA166lrJ?ocid=entnewsntp&cvid=49862d5002f4437981dfe329aade457a

I'm personally happy that we didn't just cave in to another used car salesman.  Maybe we did learn our lesson.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

I may be the only person that really didn't have a strong opinion of hiring Harbaugh one way or another.  Yeah, reports out of the Niners camp had him wearing thin on the locker room, but he also had a lot of help by the two stooges above him (Baalke and York), so it is tough to assess how that would have gone without "hepp."

But, if he wanted what I have seen in terms of money and control, yep, bring on the punter and move on.

What this confirms is that the Panthers job is not seen as the worst of those available/expected to be available.  I know that is a shock to a lot of people, but the Broncos are a mess, the Colts are a little less of a fiasco than the Broncos, and if the Cardinals job comes available it is not exactly a pearl, either.  Houston is, well, Houston.  Let's face it, none of these teams are in the market (along with maybe some others) because their long-time, beloved, successful coach decided to hang 'em up while things were going great.

• Beer 1