• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The National Championship Game

jayboogieman

1 hour ago, stbugs said:

It’s almost Billy Madison. The freshmen on Georgia this year were in 6th/7th grade when Bennett was a senior in HS. He was 19 in HS so he was older than your average senior. 

No it is not.

Bennett is a shrimp compared to those former 6th/7th graders.

Edited by ChibCU

2 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I agree with college football being awful this year.  I don't agree with your analysis on Bennett's age.  It's not the movie Billy Madison where a full grown man goes around blocking the shots of third graders.  If you're saying he plays smarter because of his age then that's a good thing.  I wouldn't want the guy as a 1st round pick because of that age factor, but between rounds 3-5 it would be a great pick, and that's not an indictment on his ability to start at the next level.  Would you take him or Zach WIlson?

Bennett is 25 years old and has been playing college football for 6 years.  My analysis is simply it doesn't feel the same anymore.   I mean it isn't the same.  When is the last time a championship was won by a 25 year old, in his 6th year of college football, playing with a bunch of guys openly paid.  That's not college football as we have known it. 

I don't put it on par with a freshman 19 year old Trevor Lawarence running the table.  Or a Tua coming off the bench for another example.  Those titles just feel different.  Because we were watching perceived kids playing college football. 

They don't feel the same.  It just feels like minor league pro ball.  And I would argue that is all it is now. 

I felt there were 2 first round caliber talents Wilson's year.  And he wasn't one of them.  I wouldn't want Wilson or Bennett for 2 totally different reasons. 

28 minutes ago, CRA said:

Bennett is 25 years old and has been playing college football for 6 years.  My analysis is simply it doesn't feel the same anymore.   I mean it isn't the same.  When is the last time a championship was won by a 25 year old, in his 6th year of college football, playing with a bunch of guys openly paid.  That's not college football as we have known it. 

I don't put it on par with a freshman 19 year old Trevor Lawarence running the table.  Or a Tua coming off the bench for another example.  Those titles just feel different.  Because we were watching perceived kids playing college football. 

They don't feel the same.  It just feels like minor league pro ball.  And I would argue that is all it is now. 

I felt there were 2 first round caliber talents Wilson's year.  And he wasn't one of them.  I wouldn't want Wilson or Bennett for 2 totally different reasons. 

I understand the notion that his age may disenchant you with college football a little bit, or the NIL for that matter.  What we are talking about right now though is, can he play?  Bennett can play.