• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

More CJ stroud viewing material

JawnyBlaze

On 2/8/2023 at 8:48 PM, Shocker said:

CJ Stroud also has question marks.  The Georgia game opened eyes and he was amazing there so spending assets on him does make sense.  He is no way a sure thing.  Average arm strength is a question.  If I am betting on a QB from these 3 players I think he has a good chance.

If you are talking Stroud vs Young because Young will be injured more I don’t see it.  Stroud has a lean leg build and can easily get injured as well.  

Young is my guy

Young expected to be sub 6' sub 200

Stroud 6'3 218...

Not even close. 

15 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Show us the proof?

Provides some links my man. You just assuming right now. I want to see where the rumors are coming from.

The thing is you don't need proof. The rumors were that Cam was fake and a horrible teammate. These rumors started before his rookie season. Devin McCourty said he thought Cam was fake and me first until he was teammates with him for a season and then saw Cam's genuine nature and the emphasis he puts on personal relationships. Once the narrative machine gets going, its nearly impossible to shut down. I have heard the rumors about Stroud on at least three podcasts and heard it alluded to on NFL Network and ESPN. When I see the kid lead on the field though, its a completely different story. Most people just saw the Georgia game, but the kid stood out and put that team on his back all season.  

• Pie 1

18 hours ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Show us the proof?

Provides some links my man. You just assuming right now. I want to see where the rumors are coming from.

his leadership style is what has been said to be aloof...which was kind of a poor choice of words, but he was seen as quiet almost to the point of just not being approachable or someone who just was unwilling to be a vocal leader. he's probably just a bit of an introvert or just wasn't comfortable with the role of being a very vocal leader. not a bad thing at all. it is something that should be overcome a little when part of your job is focusing and motivating your team. it goes with the role of QB. and it's something that he has been overcoming. he needed to learn to communicate better and he has.

here's one place that i've seen that word, aloof, used in regards to Stroud, but it's not the only place i've seen it. it's a legit concern, though, if you are expecting someone to be a dynamic personality leading the huddle and the team.

With C.J. Stroud, teams have concerns about him being a scheme-product quarterback, plus they are disappointed with his demeanor. Stroud is not viewed as a vocal leader to lead a team. Rather, he is said to have a quiet, almost aloof, personality.

https://walterfootball.com/nflhotpress/article/2023-Senior-Bowl-Rumors-Thursday

he's not Cam, but he doesn't have to be. he just has to be someone that the team will get behind and follow and i think he's becoming that and will only grow in that regard with coaching and gained confidence as a leader.

It’s clear that Stroud has been able to grow throughout the season and the more experience he gained, the more better he played.

But the process started long before September turned to October.

“I think everyone can see the plays he makes as far as the ability, decision-making and throws,” Ohio State offensive coordinator Kevin Wilson said. “But I think the two things to me where he’s grown a lot, just being a young player, is the way he has prepared in practice, which you guys don’t see, the time he puts in for a young player studying the game, watching tape, and grasping that information and then taking the information that he has to the field has been outstanding.

“So his ability to become a great preparation player as a young player is off the chart. And the second thing is he’s played, he’s become in his own right, in his own way, a pretty good vocal leader for our team. Early in the year, you’re a quarterback, you’re supposed to lead, but you’re kind of quiet.”

Wilson has also found Stroud to be a great vessel for feedback about the offense as he sees it unfold in front of him on the field.

“As the year went on, not that there’s a lot of team meetings or not that he is grabbing the bull by the horn and doing everything, but you see him more comfortable speaking up, talking to players, telling them what he sees,” Wilson said.

“There was a play the other day, he said, ‘Coach, if so and so does this, that safety is going to concern me a little bit.’ I said, ‘hey, he actually ran a little bit wrong, but I agree with your point.’ I shared that with my player. So his ability to get more and more comfortable communicating, talking and his ability to prepare has been awesome. As a young player, that’s why he’s had such a great year and he sets up to have a great career for us.”

https://buckeyescoop.com/cj-stroud-decision-making-offensive-understanding-key-to-successful-first-season/

• Pie 1

I think these rumors about being aloof and not a leader is what is saved for guys that they can't really find terrible mechanical or statistical flaws in. Stroud is the inverse of Fields, though similar in stature and QB1 potential but for different reasons. 

QB evals and analysis are so akin to winning the lottery....there is no exact science to it. You roll the dice whether it's at 1 or 7th round....and everywhere in between. 

I'd rather gamble on a 6'3" 220lb QB with insane accuracy and ability to throw receivers open from a top-flight collegiate program that has a winning culture than an undersized QB that is going to get tossed around.

At some point we have to push our chips in and I don't recall a year where it has ever made more sense. My hope is that Chicago stays at 1 for one of the defensive guys, Houston takes Young at 2 and then we move up to 3 for Stroud. It will still cost us, but not nearly the non-lubed ribbing we would have to cough up for #1 overall.

That being said....we have to do whatever it takes for Stroud, IMO. Young and Levis aren't it.

• Pie 1

5 hours ago, NorthTryon said:

The thing is you don't need proof. The rumors were that Cam was fake and a horrible teammate. These rumors started before his rookie season. Devin McCourty said he thought Cam was fake and me first until he was teammates with him for a season and then saw Cam's genuine nature and the emphasis he puts on personal relationships. Once the narrative machine gets going, its nearly impossible to shut down. I have heard the rumors about Stroud on at least three podcasts and heard it alluded to on NFL Network and ESPN. When I see the kid lead on the field though, its a completely different story. Most people just saw the Georgia game, but the kid stood out and put that team on his back all season.  

So its fine to start fake rumors about people you never met?