• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Lesser known stomach virus remedies

lightsout

I had norovirus a few weeks back and that was pure torture.  Very difficult to eat and explosive diarrhea for 3 days.  It’s brutal.  Get some Gatorade or Pedialite and stay hydrated.  The nausea and acid reflux is straight terrible.  Take some Omeprozole and ride it out.  Also it is extremely contagious so get away from your family and clean everything.  It’s tough so good luck if that is what you have.

Try to nibble on crackers as well.  It will help a little

Edited by Shocker
  • Beer 1

Man, I hate it for you and it sucks but cannot stress enough to clean your hands and all surfaces including the toilet with something strong (anti bacterial) products,  this virus can live on surfaces for days and both my kids caught it too.  You can catch it again if you recover.  Sorry man, it is painful to the point that you don’t want to move.  Nasty virus so prayers to you on a quick recovery,  if it lasts more than 3 days get to the doctor immediately 

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 2

21 hours ago, Shocker said:

Man, I hate it for you and it sucks but cannot stress enough to clean your hands and all surfaces including the toilet with something strong (anti bacterial) products,  this virus can live on surfaces for days and both my kids caught it too.  You can catch it again if you recover.  Sorry man, it is painful to the point that you don’t want to move.  Nasty virus so prayers to you on a quick recovery,  if it lasts more than 3 days get to the doctor immediately 

100% agreed.

I don't think people realize just how many germs are in a public bathroom. I have witnessed some disgusting things in a public bathroom. From people using the bottom of their shoes to flush the toilet handle, from people not washing their hands after use and grabbing door handles, from people pooing and pissing on the floor. Just some real nasty stuff. Then you come back home with those same dirty shoes and walk all over your floor. That stuff spreads to your home.

All you can do is just keep your house as clean as possible because there will be germs somewhere regardless.

• Flames 1