• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Size bros, I did some research and you're correct. Here's some stats about this year's QB class

jayboogieman

10 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Stop…please, Young dominated the SEC for 2 seasons.  You know it and I know it

The SEC is not the NFL. And he was coached by the best coach in the SEC and surrounded by the most or second most talented team in the SEC. 

Small is small. He’s small. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1
  • Poo 1

Just now, Varking said:

The SEC is not the NFL. And he was coached by the best coach in the SEC and surrounded by the most or second most talented team in the SEC. 

Small is small. He’s small. 

Young played with way less talent by far than CJ,  not sure your angle here but we are not picking Richardson.  Stop man.  You want CJ so fine but there is really no question who the better player is here.  Talk about size forever but Young is the better player man

• Pie 2

Just now, Shocker said:

Young played with way less talent by far than CJ,  not sure your angle here but we are not picking Richardson.  Stop man.  You want CJ so fine but there is really no question who the better player is here.  Talk about size forever but Young is the better player man

I’m not asking us to draft Richardson. I’d wish you would stop putting that on me. 

1 minute ago, Varking said:

I’m not asking us to draft Richardson. I’d wish you would stop putting that on me. 

So CJ Stroud is a better QB on the field than Bryce Young?  Seriously?  CJ is really good and I will be happy with him but no need to bash Young, he is a great prospect and IMO the best player in this draft

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, Shocker said:

So CJ Stroud is a better QB on the field than Bryce Young?  Seriously?  CJ is really good and I will be happy with him but no need to bash Young, he is a great prospect and IMO the best player in this draft

You have to understand that different folks will prioritize different things they want. Young is a great prospect. His playing weight is a big issue for me. He’ll likely play around 195 once the season starts. He’d be the smallest QB in the NFL by far and I don’t believe he’ll be able to withstand the hits year in and year out. It’s not bashing Young to point out areas of concern. I’m on record saying I’ll take any of the top 4 and shut up. We need to stop retreads. Stroud just concerns me the least. 

10 minutes ago, Varking said:

You have to understand that different folks will prioritize different things they want. Young is a great prospect. His playing weight is a big issue for me. He’ll likely play around 195 once the season starts. He’d be the smallest QB in the NFL by far and I don’t believe he’ll be able to withstand the hits year in and year out. It’s not bashing Young to point out areas of concern. I’m on record saying I’ll take any of the top 4 and shut up. We need to stop retreads. Stroud just concerns me the least. 

It doesn’t bother you at all how scripted Strouds offense was?  Outside of the Georgia game, he literally had no pocket pressure in career.  His WRs ran wide open most of his career.  He failed in big games BTW.  He was good vs Georgia but so was Young.  

Young also played incredible against many more teams than Stroud and WON much of the time.  Give me an SEC guy over a scripted Ohio St QB any day

Edited by Shocker
  • Pie 1