• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Sanders? Just help me understand.

SmittysLawnGuy

36 minutes ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

My assumption would be you didn't change it.

Are you trying to understand the move, be convinced about it being beneficial, looking to vent, or just looking to prove that you're right?

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Are you open to any thoughts out of great call?

So... you're looking to prove that you're right? The thread title says to help you understand, but based on this reply and other's that you have made in this thread I'm led to believe that you're just looking to argue.

Just now, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Agreed why are we paying 3x that.

Sanders’ AAV is 12th in the NFL between Conner and Hines. Sanders and Ekeler are probably on the best RB contracts in the NFL that aren’t rookie contracts.

Additionally, who is to say that Hubbard will be a part of the Panthers next year. A new coaching staff means new players. A bruising running back could still be on the horizon and I for one would prefer Sanders and Charbonnet/McBride over Foreman/Hubbard.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Sanders’ AAV is 12th in the NFL between Conner and Hines. Sanders and Ekeler are probably on the best RB contracts in the NFL that aren’t rookie contracts.

Additionally, who is to say that Hubbard will be a part of the Panthers next year. A new coaching staff means new players. A bruising running back could still be on the horizon and I for one would prefer Sanders and Charbonnet/McBride over Foreman/Hubbard.

Least you through something out, of course that takes out his num 1 ranked Ol which is really important, now watch him, he is mid below cmc in above Chubba. Don't hate it n I know you guys want me to. Think it was an overpay.

1 minute ago, SmittysLawnGuy said:

Least you through something out, of course that takes out his num 1 ranked Ol which is really important, now watch him, he is mid below cmc in above Chubba. Don't hate it n I know you guys want me to. Think it was an overpay.

I think we have to wait until we see him behind our OL and our scheme. I personally don’t think RB is that big of a need when you can draft one in any round this year and come out with a good one but as far as Sanders’ contract goes I don’t mind it.

I’d probably have gone cheap and just signed someone like Jeff Wilson but I’m not going to hate on the Sanders deal because I think his contract is very fair.

Below is the AAV’s for NFL running back’s, if Sanders is overpaid, it’s by a measly $350K a year.

https://overthecap.com/position/running-back

As for Foreman, I think he showed that he is one dimensional last year. Baltimore, Pittsburgh, and Tampa all shut him down last year down the stretch and unfortunately we ended up losing those games. When he isn’t breaking tackles, he doesn’t provide a whole lot.