• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How former Panther Russell Okung looks like these days

TheSpecialJuan

42 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

I've lost a tremendous amount of weight using intermittent fasting as a tool, not a diet. I also reversed my T2 in under 30 days and fixed my NAFLD in under 6 months. I do IF every day, but my focus isn't on weight loss. I just learned to eat when my body says it actually needs food, not according to some arbitrary trigger like it's time for lunch or dinner. Our bodies are built to be able to go extended periods without eating. We did it long before the advent of farming when hunting and foraging were the only ways to find food.

Unfortunately, IF has been turned into a fad diet, which it isn't. It's not a diet at all. You can still gain weight and be ridiculously unhealthy and fast every day. Knowing how to eat, what to eat, and when you actually need to eat are more important than following the latest diet craze. 

this hits the nail on the head. The goal of it is to train your brain on when to eat and how often. People think that its about starving yourself or loading up on heavy creams/fats right when the clock strikes noon. People who dont understand that IF is not a diet are the ones who are creating unhealthy habits. 

Once you understand how much to eat and how often.. you dont need the IF model. It didnt lose you the weight, it helped you understand the cadence of your eating proces. 

You can eat 5 meals a day, and still lose weight fast than someone who thinks IF is the reason. All of these fad diets out there and programs... they act like a subscribed program is right for your body, when everyone's body is different. The one thing that holds true across every human is managing your caloric intake and the frequency of it. 

• Beer 1

5 hours ago, TheCasillas said:

It’s a farce. Intermittent fasting is not good for your long term health. Coincidentally, my source at BoA works in this exact department for the panthers. They have tons of great material on this stuff… the biggest thing they scream to avoid…… intermittent fasting

I don't do it often. I just do it whenever I feel I need to lose a few pounds.

I know a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight by using this method. I agree though it is not healthy long term.

1 hour ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

I don't do it often. I just do it whenever I feel I need to lose a few pounds.

I know a lot of people who have lost a lot of weight by using this method. I agree though it is not healthy long term.

It actually is though as long as it's being done properly and with the correct understanding of what you're trying to accomplish. I do at least 1 seven day fast, a 5 day and (2) 3 day fasts every year. Shutting down my digestive system and giving it rest is a good thing for me. It also constantly reminds my body I don't need to eat every 8 hours and I will survive. Learning to recognize actual hunger pangs was probably the biggest game changer for me in terms of my overall digestive health. 

Edited by SmokinwithWilly

21 hours ago, onmyown said:

moderation.

That's all that's really needed IMO. You see it when obese people go to hospitals on TV shows and are put on special diets. They lose 50-100 lbs with ease. You want to lose weight? Eat less. It can't be more simple in theory. Your willpower is what will stop you.