• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I don't think we're picking at 39...

Bear Hands

I hope Fitt works his magic and we get 3-4 solid starters in this draft.  Would love to see him sneak us back into the end of the first round to get a solid DL like Keion White or Isaiah Foskey, that 5th year option is a nice get for premium positions.

I think it's highly unlikely we traded back up into the first round with the amount of draft capital we have left. We have no 1sr next year and are low on picks this year after trading up to 1sr overall. Any trade into the first round likely means we're trading a player, which I guess could happen. 

I think it's way more likely they trade back from 39 to pick up another pick in the top 100

40 minutes ago, CamWhoaaCam said:

Someone on the reddit Panthers said Sal Paolantonio from ESPN reported we are trying to trade back up for a late 1st round.

So we might be seeing 2 Panthers get picked tonight.

Stay tuned we could be trading up for another weapon for Bryce possibly a WR/TE...

as much as I understand an edge or cb, even lb, Reich is an offensive minded coach who wants to throw the ball down the field.   Another good weapon on that side of the ball is understandable, and he's said he thinks we already have a good defense.  

and that's fine by me...we don't have a first next year, so he may pull the trigger on getting a WR/TE this year, worry about the D next year.

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

as much as I understand an edge or cb, even lb, Reich is an offensive minded coach who wants to throw the ball down the field.   Another good weapon on that side of the ball is understandable, and he's said he thinks we already have a good defense.  

and that's fine by me...we don't have a first next year, so he may pull the trigger on getting a WR/TE this year, worry about the D next year.

It has to be dependent on Addison, Flowers, Maher & Kincaid methinks.  Unless Q Johnston is falling and they like him, but I just don't see it.  

Joey Porter MAYBE, but he seems locked in, lowest possible being JAX IMO.  

Just now, Bear Hands said:

It has to be dependent on Addison, Flowers, Maher & Kincaid methinks.  Unless Q Johnston is falling and they like him, but I just don't see it.  

Joey Porter MAYBE, but he seems locked in, lowest possible being JAX IMO.  

I'm thinking Flowers.  I just read somewhere this week we feel good at the other wr positions this year, but the slot could an area we upgrade.  I think that's Flowers but my brain is on info overload.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

Yeah we still have a average WR core even with the additions of Thielen/Chark. We could still use another legit WR or TE.

My dream is we trade up for Zay Flowers. That kid is special. I think he will be the best WR in this draft reminds me of a young Antonio Brown.

• Pie 1

Just now, Captain Morgan said:

I'm thinking Flowers.  I just read somewhere this week we feel good at the other wr positions this year, but the slot could an area we upgrade.  I think that's Flowers but my brain is on info overload.

Our current group is tall and shifty.  TMJ, Chark, Thielen all 6'2 and above so we don't really need to seek out a bigger type. Those guys all historically are 70% and above aligned as outside receivers, so I definitely want a better option than Shi Smith or D Byrd for 4 man sets.  Shenault ain't bad but we can clearly upgrade with a guy for the long term future here.  

I personally love Marvin Mims and even Tank Dell and don't view them that far off from Flowers, but hey, if they want Zay, power to them.  

8 minutes ago, Captain Morgan said:

If we trade up for Flowers I might lose it! He's the guy I want the most after we take Bryce.

I hear a lot of teams like him though. I wouldn't be shocked if he's the 1st WR off the board. I think Johnston is most likely to fall.